A Map of Fukei-in (scenic postmarks) in Japan (bilingual post)

Yes, indeed…
But on the other hand, Japan Post keeps this price for 35 years.

During that time, there were many increases in domestic postage prices though :sweat_smile:

Yes, that’s right :sparkles:

3 Likes

【Question】
Excuse me for interrupting this topic.
Does anyone know Bat-shaped Fukei-in?
I think I saw it somewhere, and now can’t find it. Please share any info.

突然横入りしてすいません。
蝙蝠の形をした風景印をご存じの方いらっしゃいますか?
どこかで見たと思うんですが、思い出せず、見つけられません。
変形印で、こうもりが翼を広げた形をしていたと思うんですが。

1 Like

There is a bat fukei-in available at 三瀬郵便局 (山形県), but it’s circular in shape. I didn’t find any bat-shaped fukei-in online.

4 Likes

This is what my friend received.
It is a fukei-in of Kochi prefecture.
I couldn’t find the bat-shaped fukei-in.
I hope you find your ideal fukei-in.

これは私の友人が受け取ったものです。
高知県の風景印です。
残念ながらコウモリの形をした風景印は見つかりませんでした。
Megさんの理想の風景印が見つかりますように。

3 Likes

@delda さん, @yurakana さん

早速探して頂きありがとうございます。
見つからないのは残念ですが、もしかしたら、たぬきの外枠の風景印と頭のなかでごっちゃになってるかもしれません。
ゆっくり探してみます。ありがとうございました。

1 Like

A couple fukei-in I recently got.

Peace-related:

名古屋平和郵便局
〒460-0021
愛知県名古屋市中区平和1-23-16

This cancel shows Nagoya Civic Hall, Nagoya Expressway, and Nagoya TV Tower

金沢平和町郵便局
〒921-8105
石川県金沢市平和町2-13-18

This cancel shows the entrance to the Ground Self-Defense Force Kanazawa Garrison.

平和郵便局
〒490-1399
愛知県稲沢市平和町中三宅高道35-1

This cancel shows the Niomon gate at the Chofukuji Temple, Sugatani River, and cherry blossoms.

Hiroshima-related:

広島西郵便局
〒733-8799
広島県広島市西区天満町5-10

This cancel shows Children’s Peace Monument and the A-Bombed Dome at Hiroshima Peace Memorial.

広島加古町郵便局
〒730-0812
広島県広島市中区加古町5-11

This cancel shows the A-Bombed dome and the cenotaph at Hiroshima Peace Memorial.

広島大宮郵便局
〒733-0007
広島県広島市西区大宮1-1-11

This Hiroshima cancel shows the cenotaph with two camphor trees tied with a shimenawa rope. Together the trees are called ‘夫婦楠’, meaning ‘married couple camphor’. They may not be A-bombed trees but I find this cancel nevertheless nice for making reference to both camphor tree and Hiroshima Peace Memorial.

2 Likes

I just saw this special pictorial postmark (kogata-in) that will be available during the Ukraine Stamp Show at JAPEX 2023 in Tokyo, Japan. Does anyone want to collect it on a cover or a postcard?

I will have to mail my request from Canada by this Friday (20 October), so those who are interested should get in touch with me as soon as possible.

There will be 2 commemorative stamps issued for this occasion but I don’t think I can get them from where I am … sorry!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness - I’ll be arriving in Tokyo that day for a conference during the weekend. Looks like I now know what my first day will be while I’m there (although I have to admit I’m quite new to these kinds of events).

2 Likes

Oh my God, Rachelle, do you think you can help me get the commemorative stamp (the Ukraine one) and the associated pictorial cancel on a piece of 9"x12" drawing paper?

I will prepare the return envelope franked with sufficient postage stamps, so all you need to do is to buy the stamp, postmark the paper, put it into the envelope and mail it to me. I was thinking of using a sunflower stamp to request the cancel, but the special ‘frame stamp’ issued for this occasion would be more fitting.

1 Like

For your information, there is another pictorial cancel (kogata-in) associated with the kitty stamps:

I just realised that I haven’t shared in this thread the beautiful sunflower fukei-in that Ai (@-Makoto-) got for the first year of Stamp Out War project.

エミフルMASAKI郵便局
〒791-3120
愛媛県伊予郡松前町筒井850(エミフルMASAKI1階)

This deformed cancel shows a sunflower that is the official flower of of the town Masaki (Ehime prefecture).

Ai has better images of this postmark shown in this lottery; you can ask her permission to use her images if you prefer.

2 Likes

@mooseontheloose
Welcome to Tokyo!
If you want to purchase these framed stamps or official cards, you will need to pay an admission fee of 1,500 yen.
Frame stamps are sold in units of 5, 10, and 20.30 pieces.
It may be sold out.
You can press the cancellation mark at the venue.
Please check the details.

https://yushu.or.jp/event/japex2023/

3 Likes

This is the last peace-related fukei-in in Japan:

札幌平和一条郵便局
〒063-0021
北海道札幌市西区平和一条2-1-3

This postmark shows the falls Heiwa-no-taki (literally, falls of peace) at the foot of Mount Teine (手稻山) and the Mount Gotenzan (五天山) in Sapporo (Hokkaido prefecture).

1 Like

Thank you @yurakana for this information.

@mooseontheloose – If you should like, I can send you Japanese stamps worth of 1,500 yen to cover the admission fee. I have plenty of recent Japanese stamps so this is no issue. (It’s just sending cash money by lettermail is not recommended …)

1 Like

One cover drawn! The stamp show is going to be held in the Asakusa district, and the request was to draw a Tokyo landmark, so I chose to draw Senso-ji.

4 Likes

I don’t think the new year postmark can be called fukei-in, but regardless it looks great (just wish Japan Post had better dragon stamps to go with it):

7 Likes

Hi can we swap eachother

So I was in Otaru, Hokkaido the other day and when I went to the main post office I noticed that they had a chart of all the fukei-in cancellations available in the area. It was right on the counter and I asked if I could photograph it, which they allowed. I just wish every major city had a chart like this, it would be really useful in finding out which fukei-in have been discontinued, or replaced, or if there are any missing ones from the lists out there:

4 Likes

Here is a Fukei-in I chose for this year’s Year of the Dragon stamp.

:post_office:沼津岡宮郵便局(Numazu-Okanomiya Post Office)
〒410-0011
静岡県沼津市岡宮999-7
999-7 Okamiya, Numazu-shi, Shizuoka

• 富士山(Mt.Fuji)
  • 桜(Cherry blossom)
  • 門池(Kado-Ike pond)
  • 2匹の竜(Two Dragons)
    ※There is a legend of two dragons in “門池” :dragon:
3 Likes

I really like this one! I’m hoping to get it myself soon.

1 Like