9 September 2023 - IL, WI, IA meet-up at the confluence

:world_map: CITY/REGION: South Beloit, IL
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Nature at the Confluence Learning Center (picnic area)
:calendar: DATE: Saturday September 9, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1pm - (ish) WE ARE COMING DOWN FROM MILWAUKEE AFTER MY RACE AT 11AM!

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
Casual & informal meeting of postcard enthusiasts at the picnic area outside the Learning Center.

LOOK FOR RAINBOW TABLECOVERING… I’LL TRY TO MAKE US OBVIOUS!
I plan on wearing a maroon dragonfly t-shirt.

Cards (something like this, work in progress - with Auden quote?). will be available, or bring your own.

9 Likes

Looking forward to my first meetup.

1 Like

I will be glad to exchange ))
https://vk.com/album20733835_278691001
https://vk.com/album20733835_278769494

If my links never open, then I can offer Stavropol counter postcards and many other topics for exchange: foxes, bears, cities, food, flowers, birds, owls, wine Stavropol, famous personalities, characters and more.

Look forward to meeting you!!

How fun!! I hope to make it!

1 Like

I’d be interested in going. September is a busier month for me though so I might not be able to make it.

2 Likes

Would be great to meet you there!!!

Hi,

I am very interested in this meet up! Will you be posting updates as we get closer to the date!

1 Like

What sort of update are you looking for?
It’s to be a casual meet-up…
Maybe bring a picnic lunch?
I have printed some cards, with the image above… Not a lot, so please feel free to bring your own cards :love_letter:

1 Like

Ah, so close to home. Sadly I will be on a train traveling back from vacation. Hope to see another in the area sometime in the future! :slight_smile:

8/9. Wed. This is Arthur and Judy living in Wildwood, Missouri. We plan to attend. We are driving back home after visiting our daughter in MKE and this event is on our way! Looking forward to visiting with everyone. Our user names here our RotographSTL and LeisurelifeSTL, thank you very much for organizing this, a and j

2 Likes

Fantastic timing!
Shelley
(& Tracey @unicorn11 )

1 Like

I plan to attend and would like as many meetup cards as possible. I’m really looking forward to this as it’s just a short drive from where I live.

2 Likes

Looks like I’ll be printing more cards!
@janie55 How many would you like?
:slight_smile:

1 Like

50 at least

1 Like

I think that the person who introduced me to post crossing and I may make it to the meet up. We both live in the Chicago burbs. I am a newbie but am really enjoying. Postcrossing so far. I have gotten a card from Japan, Ukraine, Canada, Germany and Denmark among others!

3 Likes

Would be great to meet you & the wonderful friend who introduced you to Postcrossing!
That’s who’s coming with me too… My friend who introduced me!!

1 Like

I plan to attend as well. Looking forward to it! :blush:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Welcome Rosey! Yes, we both plan to attend! Very excited to attend my first Meet-up! :mailbox_with_mail:
@revode —if you are free next weekend you should join the meet up!

2 Likes