9 October 2022 North Carolina Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Asheboro, NC
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: North Carolina Zoo Junction Plasa
:calendar: DATE: Sunday October 9, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm eastern
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Meeting up: We’ll meet at Junction Plaza at the Zoo, which is a food and souvenir concession plaza positioned between the North America and Africa sides of the Zoo. You can reach Junction Plaza from either parking lot, and you can walk there along paved (but somewhat hilly) paths or take the tram that runs quite frequently.

What we’ll do: Meet and mingle for a little bit.

We’ll hand out our specially made postcards to everyone, and we’ll get an “assembly line” going. (Person A signs and passes to Person B and so forth…) Eventually all the cards we have will have a multitude of signatures on them. (If you have ever received a Meetup card, you’ll know what that look like.))

What you need to bring:
Addresses that you have requested from Postcrossing via the standard process
Postage to affix to the cards for the addresses you received

Let’s each bring 3-5 addresses. We’ll start with 3 postcards for each person, and then if we have enough, add more.

Your organizers will take responsibility for getting the cards to the post office. That way, if you have to leave before the end of the time, your cards will still be signed by as many participants as possible.

If you have any questions, please email NCPCMeetup@gmail.com. We will make every effort to respond through the day before the event, but can’t check while we are en route to the zoo.

There’s no rain date. If the weather is going to be ABSOLUTELY AWFUL, we will try to contact those who have reached out to the GMail address.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

12 Likes

I’m looking forward to it! Thanks to the organizers for setting this up.

Thanks for setting this up and taking the cards to the post for everyone! I’m super excited and will try my best to come.

I’m looking forward to this meetup. It will be the first one I have attended.

Hello. Newbie here. Do we need to RSVP or bring anything other than addresses and postage?

Bring along your addresses and postage. We’ll have cards and pens and we’ll take care of getting the cards mailed. If you want to try swapping cards with other folks, bring those cards.

Bring along your addresses and postage. We’ll have cards and pens and we’ll take care of getting the cards mailed. If you want to try swapping cards with other folks, bring those cards.

Looking forward to it!

Bring along your postage and names/addresses. We’ll have cards along with pens and we’ll get the cards mailed. If you want to try swapping cards with other folks, bring those cards.

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Looking forward to the event too! Just ordered the postcards!

1 Like

Thanks Terri! I’m looking forward to it too. Out of curiosity, what do the cards look like?

Yay! I’m outside Raleigh, and I think this sounds like a lot of fun. Checking my calendar and crossing my fingers that I can make it.

Hurray!

The postcards have arrived!

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the NC Zoo on October 9.

Remember to bring addresses and postage to cover the addresses you have!

Any questions, please email NCPCMeetup@gmail.com.

10 Likes

They just arrived today!

7 Likes

I love it!!! Can’t wait!

This sounds like a blast. I hate I can’t make it. I hope to host one the Asheville one day.

3 Likes

The postcards look GREAT! Love the design. Looking forward to the meetup!

Hello everyone!

We are ONE MONTH away from the NC meetup!

All plans are in GO mode!

Bring your addresses, your postage, cards you want to swap, and your cheerful self! I’ve let the zoo know we’re coming, and they think we will have a great time!

3 Likes

Hi Everyone!
I am looking forward to this meet-up. It will be my very first one and I can’t wait to meet other postcrossing people. My family just does not understand my “passion” for this activity. It’s just like any other hobby that people have, if you enjoy it you spend a lot of time working on it.

Dale or rangermom

2 Likes

Getting pretty excited myself! People I talk to “think it’s cool,” but I’m not sure they really get the point!

3 Likes

Looking forward to joining. It will be my first PC Meet Up! I took a 5 year break from PC’ing and just recently picked it back up.

1 Like