9 April 2022: SAN FRANCISCO meetup!

To reserve cards, you can either post here how many you’d like to reserve or you can DM me. I’m keeping track on a spreadsheet, but we will also have plenty of extras. I like to be prepared! :nerd_face:

Thank you so much! I would like to reserve 20. I have Venmo and PayPal to send money or if you prefer I can just bring cash.

1 Like

I will attend. This is my first meetup and I am not sure how many postcards to order. Not sure what to expect but I do plan on going.
If I can help, please let me know. I am shy but I am always willing to help out!

1 Like

Thanks, Tina! # of postcards to order basically depends on how many postcards you tend to send. If you only send a few, then maybe like 10 or so to have on hand for the people who mention that they like to collect meetup cards on their profile? People who send a ton of cards usually order between 20-50. Totally up to you!

I just got a question re: do we mail the meetup cards from the meetup or do we take them home and mail them later?
During the meetup, we are basically just signing cards and chatting. Some people do bring stamps and get their cards ready to send immediately, but most people just take them home to mail later! (If you do want to mail them same day, there are mailboxes right on the corner.)

1 Like

This is going to be a great Meet Up! Looking forward to meeting all of you first time attendees. It is fun meeting up with other Postcrossing/ postcard people!

1 Like

@kimakoi I’m interested as well and this will be my first meetup. I would love to buy 10 cards!

1 Like

Here is the design for the upcoming meetup card.
Can’t believe we’re less than 2 weeks out! At the end of this week, I will send confirmations with meetup location, time, etc. to everyone who has messaged me and/or RSVP’d on this thread as well.

6 Likes

I’d love to be there! Can’t wait. I would like to reserve 10 cards

1 Like

I’m super excited to attend my first Postcrossing Meetup!

1 Like

As a super introvert, I’m coming up from LA to attend my first meetup! I’d like to reserve 20 cards. Thank you!

3 Likes

Wowzers! That is super brave to come all the way from LA! (The Germans have you beat for distance, but still!!!)

Hello! I am planning to attend on Saturday. I’d like to reserve 25 cards.

1 Like

I plan on going but I was wondering if it’s OK if I bring my little four-year-old with me. We probably won’t stay that long if he can’t sit still but I have to say he does love the postcards that I receive. Also, can I please reserve 20 cards?

1 Like

So glad to say I am able to attend and will bring 2 of my fabulous postcard friends with me. We’re all so excited!!

1 Like

Sure - totally OK to bring your little one - obviously just keep an eye on him. :blush:

“Hi Kimakoi!
Thank you so much for setting this up!
I can’t make it tomorrow and I’m so disappointed about that. I have a pre-arranged meeting I can’t change or get out of. I’ve been procrastinating on responding to your invite in the hopes that something would change, but unfortunately that has not happened.
I am so sad to miss the meetup. I have been wanting to go to one of these as long as I’ve been a member, and I can’t believe I have to miss this one. Do you think you might plan another one?
I still would love 4 (not 2 as I said in the post to your profile) postcards if that is possible, but I understand if not. maybe you have to be there to get one.
Thank you again for the invite. So wish I could be there!!!
Janet aka jb4h”

1 Like

Wow! Just saw the photo of the postcard! Now I want 5!
Janet Hughes
PO Box 805
Forest Knolls, CA 94933
Thank you again!

1 Like

OK! It’s tomorrow! Here’s a final reminder with some details. I apologize in advance for the complicated path of entry… It’s an awesome place to live if you’re an introvert who never wants anyone to knock on your door, but suddenly it’s not as nice when you DO want a bunch of people to be able to gain entry…! :sweat_smile:
TIME: 12-3pm.

• It’s OK to arrive any time within this window! Just know that I can’t guarantee any good snacks will be left by the end, or good postcards left in the share pile! You can stay for a few minutes - long enough to get your cards signed - or stay and hang out the whole time.

PLACE: 601 Van Ness Ave. [Opera Plaza Community Room], San Francisco, CA 94102. Opera Plaza is a huge complex - the whole block - and is surrounded by parking meters. There is also a parking garage (entrances on both Turk and Golden Gate) and the closest BART station is Civic Center. Here is the complicated part: go to the elevators in the center of the plaza (either from the parking garage level or behind the fountain on the plaza level). Proceed to the Residence level (level 1), turn right, and go to the security desk. Let them know that you are there for the Postcrossing meetup that is happening in the Community Room. They will then walk you back to the elevators and manually key you down to level M! (Level M is usually locked on weekends.) When you get to level M, turn right, then follow the maze-like hallway until you reach the Community Room. It will probably be the only one open and certainly the only one with a bunch of postcard-looking people inside!
Thankfully, there are bathrooms on this level and you won’t need help with the elevator when leaving!
WHAT TO BRING: A good PEN (or small rubber stamp and stamp pad) that won’t smear easily, some postcards for the share pile (this is literally a pile of postcards that you can just add to and take from - good way to get rid of some extras and pick up some new ones), snack or drink to share if so inclined (we will have water and some food).
*** PAYMENT FOR MEETUP POSTCARDS:** You don’t have to buy any official meetup cards - you can have the group sign any card at all - but if you do want to buy them, we are just charging for printing cost, so they are $0.12 each. Most of you have some reserved already, and some have already paid. On site, you can pay with card, Venmo or cash. If you plan to pay with cash, please be kind and bring small bills, as most orders are in the $2-$4 range. If you want to Venmo me ahead of time, I’m @Kim-Makoi (last 4 of phone is 2975).

• We will remind you tomorrow, but, remember to make a special mark or write your initials or something in the corner of your cards that you are sending around to get signed so that we know who to give the cards back to! Otherwise they all look identical!

That’s all I can think of… looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at noon!

-K

4 Likes

Thank you, Kim, for organizing!! I had a wonderful afternoon. I met so many great people, signed so many postcards!, got good ideas for sending my cards, and picked up some great postcards from the share pile. Hope to see you all in person again!

6 Likes