8 October 2022 - Tampa meet-up

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Tampa, Florida
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: 4750 Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614
:calendar: DATE: October 8, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: There will be a Postcrossing Meet-up within the Tampa Sunshine Postcard Club inside the Tampa Stadium Hotel. If you’re on Dale Mabry, watch for signs in the median that will say Sunshine Postcard Club, and one on the side you turn in on.
We have our own table, I am printing 150 postcards. Time is approximate and the postcard event itself begins at 10:00am (and ends at 6:00pm).
Admission is $3 for adults and children under 13 are free, but don’t count on them being there.

Note for organizers (delete after reading):
- Always specify the timezone of the event when choosing date/time on the “Add Event” menu above.
- Your first post announcing the meeting must be in English, but the rest of the meetup discussion can be conducted in your own language.
- If you’re creating postcards with the Postcrossing logo, make sure to check the Logo Usage Guidelines.

2 Likes

It’s my first time attending a meetup. Do i need to attend with printed postcards or can i buy them there?

You can buy them there and they’ll probably be 10 cents a piece. That was the price last time, only difference is now I’m doing it instead.
There will about 10 people there with their own tables of postcards. These collectors have like 2,000 postcards in their collection, or 1-3 tables.
They want postcards from $1-$5 or more.
Sometimes there’s really old unique things in these cards, like plastic in a postcard to mimic stained glass.
Some people have coin collections there too.
Postcrossing will have their own corner table.
Everyone there signs or uses a custom made signature stamp on all 150 postcards, then people say how many they want.
This will be the last time we are using this hotel’s room, but we don’t know where we will meet again in January and April.

Sorry, you do not have to bring your own printed cards.
You are allowed to. That’s happened twice before, where two people brought postcrossing cards they made.

Im at the Hotel and reception told me there is no meeting here.