7 May 2022 - Greater Seattle Area (Bothell), WA, USA

Aloha! I’m in the south sound / Tacoma area but would definitely make the trip to Bothell! This is great- thanks for organizing :smiley:

I’m out west on the Peninsula, so I can’t confirm until closer to the date, but I’m definitely interested in attending as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good afternoon Keeks. Andy (UWHuskies) here…in Burien, WA.

Thank you for this meetup opportunity. This note is to express our interest in attending…which currently scheduled on 07May, 2022, 1200 at The Woodshop, Bothell, WA.

We await your invitation/instruction on how we may contribute to this event.

All the best,

Andy

This is a card I’d love to get!

Hello Andy!

Other than planning for location/date/time, I plan on just using tables they have in the Woodshop. We can spread between tables if there is a large attendance. I planned the meetup for May because we usually have better weather there. If the weather does permit and people are more comfortable eating outside vs. indoors, we can sit outside in the courtyard.
For previous meetups I have planned (well in advance like this), many people stated they would join, but then did not show or give me notice and I was the only person (aside for one other a time or two) that was the “Meetup”. Typical PNW ghosting I suppose? Either way, I am not making reservations, because I don’t want to waste my time and if I reserve a room I believe there is a charge for that.

As we get closer to the date, I can re-evaluate.

Meetup Cards:
I have not yet decided about the Meet Up Card. I am not very artsy, but I do know that we can print our own on different platforms - I have used Moo previously. Most likely, I will purchase some local Seattle cards from Bartell’s or a local shop to bring.

Overall, I am looking forward to meeting some fellow, local Postcrossing members!

1 Like

Hello! Lots of interest so far! Please see my earlier message in reply to Andy for information.

Also! I wanted to just let people know who are traveling during this time of year, McMenamins Anderson School has multiple little pubs, a movie theatre, a couple small bars, and a hotel. If you are a local PNW or from this region, you have probably heard about McMenamins, maybe you have passports and want to fill up with some stamps?

If you were planning on staying at the hotel, I would recommend booking sooner rather than later.

If you don’t know about McMenamins, check them out on their website. They are a neat little establishment with a large following :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Keeks

I am there!!!

Hi Keeks,

I’m interested but new to meetups. I live near Bothell so I’ve been to McMenamins many times. How will we find each other? I’m sorry, I don’t know the typical protocol but I’d love to meet everyone!

~Katie

Hi there,
I live very close to Bothell and am interested, though this would be my first meetup.

Do you need help with a card design?

I think personally, I will support the Etsy artist LouPaper and purchase WA ones from her or other PNW themed ones. She already does a wonderful job and people seem to love those ones.

I would recommend either doing the same, or bring some of your own. Another idea I had was printing up some of my own PNW photos into postcards using Moo.com.

Keeks

I’ll definitely be trying to make this! It would be my first Postcrossing meetup. I’m at the UW Seattle campus- never been to Bothell, but McMenamins seems cool! I quickly threw these together- the first one is an image I got off Canva and the second is a photo my brother took last time we were downtown. I’ll probably print them closer to the date but thought I’d share them!

Edit: Whoops, I should’ve known there were guidelines for using the logo! I took down my first design, but I think this one should follow the rules. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @paulinexong
Nice images!
You probably want to read Postcrossing’s logo usage guidelines before printing anything :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

This is great! It looks like the picture you have here DOES follow the guidelines. I am not an admin, but I double checked the Usage Guidelines as well. One of the admins will surely let us know if NOT ok.

Oddly, I am not a fan of receiving meet up cards, so I will probably order ones listed in original post. I may waffle on this a bit and decide last minute to print some >_< Not sure. The original post currently has some listed from mainly Etsy sources, I did do one Amazon source.

Thank you for making a design for the group Pauline!

1 Like

I definitely want to attend, I just added it to my calendar. I’ve only had 2 cards registered as received so far, but I love and have always loved send/receiving postal mail.

I’m a local and look forward to meeting people!

Sounds good! I’m designing one on Canva that has space on the front so people can sign or stamp. Hopefully. I’ve had some medical things come up so hoping I have time to do it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Would love to join in on this meetup! I haven’t been to one in ages, and have only attended Puget Sound Postcrossing Group meetups over the years. Excited to meet others in the area who share this obsession. :smile:

1 Like

Hello ALL!
It is March! We are less than two months to the meetup! Are you planning on ordering cards to bring? If so, better get on that! I am going to support some Etsy artists, see original post for links, and will bring those.

We have had some in our chat design cards, please see those posted by @paulinexong if you want to use that and bring them! Make sure they are good quality and you look at the rules/guidelines since this does have the Postcrossing logo on it!

Two weeks before the date I plan on getting a solid “GOING” list prepared. That way I know how many to expect when I let the staff at McMenamins know, the day of, how many chairs we need at McMenamins. I am NOT renting a room. We will be in the main Woodshop dining area.

You can always DM me for further questions.
I plan on keeping the meetup super chill/casual. Bring your cards, bring your love of Postcrossing, and let’s just mingle for a bit!

Keeks

1 Like

I plan to attend this meetup. I will be coming from Bellingham. I have not been on the forum for a long time.