7 April 2024 - Postcarding Meetup, Glen Burnie, Maryland

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Glen Burnie, Maryland
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: My home in Glen Burnie (address will be shared with those who RSVP.) My home is located near Starbucks at the Southdale Shopping Center. 7933 Ritchie Highway, Glen Burnie, MD 21061.
:calendar: DATE: Sunday, April 7th
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Looking for postcarders close to the Baltimore area.

Maryland is conveniently located near Washington DC, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia and New Jersey. My town is only 35 minutes from DC and 10 minutes from Baltimore.

“Meet & Greet”. Looking forward to meeting other postcarders and sharing stories, writing postcards and maybe trading postcards as well. I love to bake so I will have some fresh baked goodies prepared. Coffee and tea will also be served.

Things to bring:
*Postcards (to write)
*Postcards (to trade, if you would like to participate in trading)
*Pens, markers, or whatever you want to write with

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

:scissors: Notes for meetup organizer (delete this text after reading): :scissors:

• Your meetup must follow the Meetup Guidelines. Please keep the link to them on this post (already included above).
  • Always specify the timezone of the event when choosing date/time on the “Add Event” button above.
  • Your first post announcing the meeting must be in English. The rest of the meetup discussion can be conducted in your own language.
  • If you’re creating meetups postcards with the Postcrossing logo, make sure to check the Logo Usage Guidelines.
1 Like

I think I should be able to make this one. I’ll bring some cards to trade, and lots of experience and stories!

I have sent you a message. Please check it and respond. Thanks.

Hi! I’d love to attend :smile:

1 Like

I have sent you a message. Please check it and respond. Thanks.

1 Like

I would like to attend. I put the Meet-up on my calendar. Looking forward to it. Thanks for offering to host this even.

Hello, please send an email to me at WeAreTyler@yahoo.com and I will send you the address for the meetup. Thanks.

I don’t know how exactly I’ve ended up here, but this sounds great! It is exactly what I might do one day. Do you mind to let me know how everything went and what to make sure of? Hosting at home is very personal, but that makes it so different and amazing. If I had the money to get a ticket, I’d happily bring some Belgian chocolates to share (Leonidas appears to be the best) :smiley:
Have fun!

1 Like

Hello,

A plane ticket? Where are you, outside the U.S.?

What a pity you’ll not be able to join us.

Feel free to drop me a line via email at WeAreTyler@yahoo.com and I’ll let you know how the meetup went.

Cheers,

Marie

1 Like

If I were a rich girl I’d fly over just to join you. Unfortunately, I’m on a teacher’s wage in Belgium :smiley:

Enjoy each other’s company (and the goodies). :heart:

1 Like

I think I may be able to attend this! It will be my first meet up, and I will be coming from New Jersey. One question thinking of ordering a personalized stamp, what is the common size of you know?

Unfortunately, I don’t know.

If you plan to attend, please send an email to WeAreTyler@yahoo.com and the address will be emailed to you.

Have you created a meetup postcard for this event? If so, Are you collecting contributions for the printing cost? I’d like to get an idea of what cash to bring, as I don’t often carry it anymore.

I have not created one and no plans to make one.

Ok, thanks! looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!

Me too! :slight_smile: