6 May 2023 - Phoenix National Postcard Week Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Acacia Library: 750 E Townley Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85020
:calendar: DATE: May 6, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:30am - 2:00pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Join us as we celebrate National Postcard Week. We will bring meetup cards to sign and send, so don’t forget your pens and name stamp. Feel free to bring other cards to swap. Per library policy no food or drinks, so please plan to eat ahead of time. Meetup card design detail to come.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/phoenix_postcrossing/

5 Likes

I live in Peoria, Arizona so this meeting caught my eye. I don’t know the etiquette for a postprocessing meetup and not sure what to expect or how to be prepare. I’d love to hear more from the organizer (or perhaps others who will attend) with some suggestions and ideas. Thanks so much.

2 Likes

Hi Larry! I am Melissa. We had a meetup in January and decided to have something more frequent.
The meetup is an opportunity to meet other postcrossers and, swap card, supplies, and talk shop. We will have meetup cards for everyone to sign and take home. The agenda is very relaxed and meant to be a simple get-together. If there are topics or things, you would like to see or present during the event. We are open to everyone’s participation and contributions. I hope you can make it!
Best,
Melissa

2 Likes

Hello Melissa:

Thank you so much for the response and invitation. I think it’s a great idea. Everybody, especially in today’s culture of more seclusion, need an opportunity to get out and socialize with similar people. I’ve marked the meeting on my calendar and will plan to be there.

Larry

1 Like

HI Melissa,

I will be unable to attend. However, I would like to invite your attendees to join our list of participants in sending your NPCW postcrossing meetup cards to the nearly 60 people. If that is not possible, I would love to receive one myself in an envelope if possible as I will be scanning it to put on our facebook page and a directory.

Many of the people at the January meetup will be receiving one or two of mine.

Also, you should know that I will be making a printed directory of all the postcards I receive.

Let me know what you decide. I don’t know how many you have had printed but there are many collectors of National Postcard Week postcards. One person who joins us each year is from Canada.

You can email me at ezrestexas@aol.com I plan to send the list of participants around April 20th.

How exciting! Sorry I will miss it.
Demaris

Demaris Swint
PO Box 746
Alamo TX 78516

1 Like

Hi all, I’m so sorry I won’t be able to attend. I was looking forward to it until my partner reminded me that we were going out of town that morning. I hope everyone has a nice time and I look forward to the next meetup!
Cheers,
Kelly

Looking forward to being there.

Hi everyone! I’m brand new to postcrossing - recently discovered it on Tik Tok. I’m going to do my best to make this event… I’m also coming from the Peoria area, so it’s a bit of a drive (but worth it).

Cheers!

1 Like

I’ll be there!

1 Like

I’m planning to be there, too! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing everyone this afternoon!

1 Like

Double checking that the postcard file box was for exchanges and not your collection, Melissa. Barbara, please disregard my message. I forgot about this forum post. :laughing:. It was nice meeting everyone yesterday. Madelyn

Yes, the boxes were for exchanges!

1 Like