5th May 2023 - Auckland, New Zealand. International Stamp Exhibition

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Auckland
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: NZ2023 FIAP International Stamp Exhibition; Ellerslie Event Centre; Remuera Room, level One
:calendar: DATE: Friday 5th May 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

The first International Stamp Exhibition since 1990 will host two Postcrossing Meet-ups. The Exhibition is running 4th May - 7th May, and the meet-ups will be on the Friday and Saturday. This Meet-up post is for the Friday.

The meet-up will begin with a short talk introducing the concept of postcrossing to exhibition attendees. Help us share the love of this hobby. Then at about 11:20am we have fun chatting and signing each others postcards.

We are working with NZ Post in the design of a Meet-up stamp (via the personalised stamp route) which will be able to be purchased at the Exhibition. We will be using a graphic from a past NZ commemorative coin, so this maybe of interest to the coin collectors. This is confirmed, the $3 stamp will be sold at the NZ Post Stall only during the exhibition (EFTPOS will be available).

There will be a Meet-up Postcard, 400 total printed (fingers crossed I forecasted the number right). No charge for the postcards, but you can give a koha (donation) to the exhibition to go towards the room hire if you wish.

Each day of the exhibition will have a different postmark to use. This is your chance to finally get a cool postmark on your postcard. You will be the one to postmark your postcards, then put in the postbox at the exhibition.

The Stamp Dealers will be recommended to bring stocks of old maxi-cards and postcards. There will definitely be a large stash of general NZ postcards to buy as a fundraiser by a philatelic association. New Zealand Post will have a stall where you can purchase stamps and maxi-cards.

FAQ:

How much does it cost to attend the exhibition? Free!!

What is the parking like? Free. Should be plenty of parking. The fuller it is, the further to walk. Go to the exhibition website for more details of how to get there.

How long is the Meet-up for? Officially it is a short introduction to Postcrossing if any stamp collectors are interested, and what happens at a Meet-up. We have one hour but if itโ€™s not enough some of us can head to the cafe area to continue over lunch.

What to bring?
Pen(s);
Air-mail stickers but if you forget there is sure to be plenty around;
Stickers/washi-tape if you like decorating;
Prepare your sending list ahead of time (recommended but not necessary)
Your NZ Post Collectibles Account number so you can earn your Points at the NZ Post Stall.
A little bit of physical money maybe of use.

Do I need to bring stamps to use? NZ Post will be selling stamps, thus itโ€™s not necessary, but you may bring.

Do I need to bring postcards to use? As mentioned above there is a printing of the meet-up postcards available for free, but if we run out there will be New Zealand themed postcards to buy.

What else can I do at the Exhibition? There are talks (one is on Postcard collecting); thousands of pages of exhibits to look at; and shopping at the dealers and postal agencies attending. Full list of all of these are on the exhibition website.

Where can I get lunch? There is a cafe on site. Or BYO, but donโ€™t eat near the stamps and remember to wash your hands afterwards.

4 Likes

Meet-up description and FAQs updated

Remuera room.

First floor via elevators OR go the escalators in the dealers area.

Right near the escalators.

ignore this :roll_eyes: i didnโ€™t read the year properly lmao!