:world_map: CITY/REGION: Olympia, WA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE:
Tumwater Timberland Library
7023 New Market Street
Tumwater, WA 98501
:calendar: DATE: August 5, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: noon to 3 pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
Pre-orders for meetup postcards designed by the fabulous kdtaylor are now closed. Pay on the date of the meetup with either cash or Venmo, 25 cents per card. See further below for the postcard design. (Those of you who attended the Bellingham meetup in March will recognize this artist. :slightly_smiling_face:) Any extras will be available for purchase at the meetup, but no guarantees on quantity. If you have never been to a meetup, people at meetups typically sign meetup postcards. If you do not purchase meetup postcards, it is a good idea to bring postcards to the meeting to be signed. Bring along your preferred writing instruments (or your personalized ID stamp if you have one.) If you would like to mail the meetup postcards from the Olympia area, bring stamps and addresses. I’ll bring a box where your finished postcards can be dropped, and I will mail them out from the Olympia post office.
We have a large meeting room reserved at the library with tables, chairs, and a kitchenette. The room can hold up to 52 people. The library is ADA compliant, and bathrooms are available. There is a large parking lot, which is free and well-shaded by trees. Food/drink can be brought into the meeting room, so please bring whatever snacks, meal, or non-alcoholic beverages you’d like to consume or share. (I plan to bring a big pack of bottled water from Costco and perhaps cookies or other snacks.) There is a 7-Eleven a short drive away, as well as various fast food restaurants out on Capitol Boulevard.
There will be a postcard trade for those who want to participate. Bring 10 postcards in a small bag and put it in the designated box, then take a bag of your choosing for a random happy mail surprise.
There will also be a designated box for a postcard swap. Bring cards from your collection that you won’t or can’t use for whatever reason. Others can take cards as many or as few cards from the swap box as they’d like. There is a prize for the person who traveled the furthest to the meetup.
Meetup cards reserved:
BeckyS- 20
Kburrell – 15
Seattlestacia – 25
Seachange – 15
Triplemoongoddess – 10
MParlin – 10
Tbt924 – 30
Andreacristina -10
Richard42 - 40
Iwritedeb -15
Lablauri -10
Aus10england - 15
Lila84 – 5-10
Harleyqbtrue 0 15
Kdtaylor -10
MLMontana - 10
Kimothy -10
Nlpolley4 - 10
Senuss - 20
Catlover2120 - 20
BobLucky7 - 10
KeeksWanderer - 15
Giacaches - 40
Ephemeratea - 20
Jess_sea - 40
Kpwick - 10
Mohawkthibs - 12

meetupcard

11 Likes

I sure hope to attend, most likely with richard42

1 Like

I am a maybe at the moment. When more details come I shall know. :slight_smile:

I have 2 sons in Olympia, worth the trip up from Camas,WA. Please keep me in the loop. Thank you

going to bookmark this one please keep us all posted :slight_smile:

The postcatd design is wonderfulI, and yes, I remember seeing those postcards in Bellingham. <3 I would like to order 20 postcards, please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I’d like to reserve 15 cards, please.
Kay

3 Likes

Wonderful! Definitely would love to come. I’d like to order 25 cards please! :smile:

–Stacia

1 Like

15 cards please

1 Like

I’m excited to join, this is will be my first meetup :grinning:! I’ll take 10 cards, please. Thanks for organizing.

3 Likes

I’ve got it in my calendar. May I have ten (10) Meetup cards, please?

1 Like

So excited for this! I’ll take 30 postcards please. Thank you for organizing!

1 Like

I’d like to order 10 postcards. Thank you!

1 Like

richard42 will be there with seachange, need 40 cards

1 Like

I’ll be there and would like 15 cards please.

1 Like

I am happy to drive up from Vancouver Wa, would like 10 cards please. Thank you for arranging this, it will be my first meet up.

3 Likes

can’t wait!! please put me down for 15 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to reserve 5 - 10 cards, depending on the price. Thanks for organizing and hosting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

if i may i would like to request 15 postcards if i could please. and thank you !

1 Like

Thanks for organizing this meetup. I’ll be there - 10 postcards please.

1 Like