4th June 2022 - MeetUp in Kaunas, European Capital of Culture 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Kaunas, Lithuania
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Kaunas residents welcome everyone arriving at Kaunas railway station :steam_locomotive: We will be waiting from 9:30
:calendar: DATE: 04-06-2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10AM - 4PM (UTC+3 (GMT+3)).
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
10:30 Arrival at Fort III
10:45-12:00 Excursion to Kaunas Fortress, IIIrd Fort
12:00-12:45 Lunch, fort stew
12:45-15:00 Postcard writing, initiatives / games
15:00-16:00 free time, departure :slight_smile:

Special Postcrossing meetup postcard was created by Ekaterina Smotrova:

See you in Kaunas, European Capital of Culture 2022
Best wishes from Lithuania! :slight_smile:

:exclamation:Attention to those who arriving by bus - travel time to the train station is about 10-12 minutes.
:exclamation: For those going by car - there will be a possibility to park a car near the fort :red_car:
:white_check_mark: Bus 65A departs from Railway Station at 10:14 (bus stop is at the opposite side of the street).
:white_check_mark: 65A bus leaves the Fort to the Train Station at 16:13 or 18:46

:moneybag: Budget:

• Travel by bus / train from your city
  • Public transport - 1eur (recommended “Žiogo” app - 0.7 EUR)
  • Excursion price - 3eur per person (possible to pay by card)
  • Price for lunch - 5eur per person (the price may be lower for a larger number of participants)
  • Pins, magnets with fort attributes (from 1eur, possible to pay by card)

:white_check_mark:IMPORTANT: Choose comfortable clothing and footwear, we are going to spend time in nature, visit the dungeons of the Fort, take a source of light with you (a phone flashlight illuminates a very limited area in the basement). Follow the rules of security and visitation.
:footprints: The Fort has stairs, slopes, hilly terrain, some stone pavement :footprints:

9 Likes

Labas from Italy! :it:
I would love to attend your meeting but it looks difficult because I have already planned another trip a week later.
I visited Lithuania in 2011 and fell in love with this country. :heart:
I will see if I can organise a short trip for this meeting but I am not so sure at the moment.
I would love to receive a meeting card if anybody is willing to swap.
Have fun, anyway!

2 Likes

I will be glad to exchange )))

Greeting from Hong kong.
I’d love to swap. :smiley:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nlICg1IjIY80G_eMEJYmCb_XPEjlUx8H?usp=sharing

@CYAN_Y I would like swap with you :wink:

1 Like