CITY/REGION: Kaunas, Lithuania
MEETUP PLACE: Kaunas residents welcome everyone arriving at Kaunas railway station We will be waiting from 9:30
TIME: 10AM - 4PM (UTC+3 (GMT+3)).
10:30 Arrival at Fort III
10:45-12:00 Excursion to Kaunas Fortress, IIIrd Fort
12:00-12:45 Lunch, fort stew
12:45-15:00 Postcard writing, initiatives / games
15:00-16:00 free time, departure
Special Postcrossing meetup postcard was created by Ekaterina Smotrova:
See you in Kaunas, European Capital of Culture 2022
Best wishes from Lithuania!
Attention to those who arriving by bus - travel time to the train station is about 10-12 minutes.
For those going by car - there will be a possibility to park a car near the fort
Bus 65A departs from Railway Station at 10:14 (bus stop is at the opposite side of the street).
65A bus leaves the Fort to the Train Station at 16:13 or 18:46
- Travel by bus / train from your city
- Public transport - 1eur (recommended “Žiogo” app - 0.7 EUR)
- Excursion price - 3eur per person (possible to pay by card)
- Price for lunch - 5eur per person (the price may be lower for a larger number of participants)
- Pins, magnets with fort attributes (from 1eur, possible to pay by card)
IMPORTANT: Choose comfortable clothing and footwear, we are going to spend time in nature, visit the dungeons of the Fort, take a source of light with you (a phone flashlight illuminates a very limited area in the basement). Follow the rules of security and visitation.
The Fort has stairs, slopes, hilly terrain, some stone pavement