31-10-2024 A witchy HALLOWEEN in Oudewater

:world_map: CITY/REGION: NL Oudewater
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Eetcafé Lumière, Markt-Westzijde 7, 3421AN Oudewater
:calendar: DATE: Thursday 31th of October, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10:15-around 16:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
(if you are new to attending meetups, please let us know, then we can inform you in advance, so you don’t get overwhelmed and come prepared that day)

Hi fellow Postcrossers,

On Thursday 31-10-2024 we (Ilse/ Jaynillo en Mar127) are organizing a Halloween meeting in Oudewater.

Do you want to know, if you are a witch?

Visitors from all over the world have been coming to the weigh house in Oudewater for hundreds of years. They have themselves weighed on the scales from 1482 and receive a “Certificate of Weginghe”.

Centuries ago, people accused of witchcraft were deceptively weighed to low. As a result, they often ended up at the stake. Oudewater was known for a fair weighing process and clean weights. That is why Oudewater, as the only place in Europe, received the privilege from Emperor Charles V to issue certificates in his name. Because of this special right, no one was ever condemned as a witch.**

Gathering between 10.15-10.30 In front of Museum ‘de Heksenwaag

Programm (Dutch timetable)
10:15 gathering
10:30 postcards & booklets
Around 12:45 lunch
14:30/14:45 timeslot Museum ‘de Heksenwaag’
A museum guide will tell us (30 minutes) about the history of the witch hunt and the role of the Waag in Oudewater in this. We also obtain a ‘Certificate of Weginghe’, which you can use to prove that you are not a witch , ghaghaghaghaaaa….:mage::black_cat: :broom:

Groupphoto
The group photo will be taken in the museum, (If you don’t want to be in the picture, no problem). Halloween dress up: hat/headband or something else, is appreciated, but is not mandatory.

Lunch
We will lunch in https://eetcafe-lumiere.nl/
The lunch will be paid in advance.
Drinks and other servings can be paid for with a ‘tikkie’ at the meeting.

Meetingcard
created by @Jaynillo
PRICE € 0,55 CENTS EACH
The postcards will be paid in advance, you’ll receive the postcards at the meeting. You can order as much postcards as you want, but we sign only 20 postcards from each.
*(it’s not possible to order meetingcards if you’re not attending the meeting)

WhatsApp and costs
We would like to create a WhatsApp group where we place the meeting card, you can order lunch and we send the ‘tikkies’ for the costs of the cards, lunch, museum €7,50 + live museum guide €2,50 p.p. (If you have a museum card with you, you pay €2,50, only the cost of the live museum guide).
After you have registered and we don’t have your number yet, please send a private message to @Jaynillo with your mobile number.

Participantslist
Important - We are aware that a meeting requires some consultation at work or at home, but make sure that you can convert your reservation to definitive participation at the latest 15-9-2024.
! We are bound by deadlines regarding the payment of the meeting postcards.

There will be room for 15 people

1 Jaynillo - Ilse

2 Mar127 - Mar

3 Frankie - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

4 Rowena - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

5 Florisca - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

6 Berry_i - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

7 Livelovelaughleafs/ Helen - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

8 Bora1976/ Marianne - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

9 Meidans/ Maria

10 Annerie - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

11 Mir1990/ Mireille - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

12 Elena_Gloverr

13 Leentjebuur/ Leni

14 Melelo/ Cindy

15 Postcrossingbo/ Bo - graag deelname bevestigen voor 15-9-2024

——————————————————————————————

Waitinglist
1 Soundstorm/ Ellen
2 Carolien25
3 Muppet450
4 Healingsteps/ Joyce
5 Creamootje/ Monique
6 Pareltje21/ Marjan
7 Mamvanvier/ Anita
8 Blijdatikschrijf/ Heleen OVB
9 Belske/ Christel OVB
10 DymphieH
11 Joo5T - Joost

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

1 Like

Graag komen @Frankie en ik . Maar even kijken of we vrij kunnen krijgen :slight_smile: dus even ovb voor ons.

2 Likes

Wat een leuk idee voor Halloween. Ik wil graag komen. Even nog ovb omdat het op een doordeweekse dag is.

2 Likes

Lijkt me leuk, maar ook ik graag ovb vanwege doordeweekse dag…

2 Likes

Ik kom graag maar even ovb graag

2 Likes

Graag ovb voor mij,kijken of ik vrij kan regelen

2 Likes

Ook voor mij nog even ovb. Ik heb mijn agenda niet bij me, maar laat het voor eind vd maand weten.

2 Likes

Wat een leuk idee, ik kom ook graag, maar wel graag ovb

2 Likes

Wat een super idee. Ik ben er graag bij, wel nog even onder OVB

2 Likes

Ik kom graag :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Leuk, zet mij maar op de lijst!

2 Likes

Count me in please

1 Like

Graag nog ovb

1 Like

Hoi, count me in please.

1 Like

Count me in

1 Like

Please count me in

1 Like

Net de deelnemerslijst niet gehaald, je staat nr 1 op de wachtlijst. Maar met al die OVB’s komt er misschien wel een plekje vrij

1 Like

Hi Carolie je staat nummer 2 op de wachtlijst, maar veel mensen staan nog op OVB, dus alle kans

1 Like

Nr. 3 op de wachtlijst, maar met zoveel OVB op de deelnemerslijst stroom je wellicht nog wel door.

2 Likes

Jullie staan erop, ik hoop dat het deze keer lukt om vrij te krijgen.

1 Like