29 October 2022 - Postcrossing Meetup in Denver, CO

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Aurora, CO- Denver Metro Area
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Stanley Marketplace, 2501 Dallas St, Aurora, CO 80010
:calendar: DATE: 29 October 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00 am for LUNCH! :slight_smile:
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Happy early Halloween! We will be meeting in the sitting area in front of Trunk Nouveau, across from Rolling Smoke BBQ. There is a good amount of seating and fantastic foodie places all around the marketplace. In Trunk Nouveau you will find unique postcards ($1.00 each) and stationary items for sale.

What will we be doing?

• Spending time with awesome, like-minded people from our Postcrossing community!
  • Swapping postcards and signing our meetup cards!
  • Share our Postcrossing stories over some delicious foods from the local foodie spots in the marketplace.

Items to bring to the meetup:

1. Postage stamps
  2. Postcards to exchange/send out after meetup
  3. Rubber stamps/pen/markers to sign meetup cards
  4. Washi tapes, stickers, fun decorations for your cards
  5. Envelope/folder to safely bring your meetup cards back home
  6. A jacket! It can get cold in the marketplace.

I hope this reaches our Postcrossing community here in Colorado, I look forward to meeting and spending time with you all!

Attendees:

1. @snailmailkait
  2. @LeftyLydia
  3. @Paula7373
  4. @mrtsv
  5. @ShadZ
  6. @EJGorski
  7. @Pstcrdldy
  8. @Honalee
  9. @Cachefan
4 Likes

Hi Kaitlyn,
I’d be interested in a meet up and know of four other Postcrossers in the area that I could get the word to. 3 of them I know from the Denver Postcard Club (want to join?) and one from the forum. Stanley Marketplace and late October are good for me.
Lydia

1 Like

Hi Lydia!
Yay! That would be awesome! I actually just stumbled across the Denver Postcard Club researching, I do plan on joining! I will make an official Meetup post soon.
Kaitlyn

Im so excited to hear about this. I look forward to meeting.

1 Like

@LeftyLydia @Paula7373
Hey! I’m just looking to get a head count of who will be coming, that way I can get some things together! :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi there. I plan on being there.

1 Like

I am coming too.

1 Like

i am so excited to join and meet you all!!

1 Like

I plan to be there (with my wife Beth, who helps me pick cards for Postcrossing). I’m one of the Denver Postcard Club members Lydia mentioned!

Shad

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’m a big time Postcrosser and I will be there! Sounds great. I’m another Beth from the Postcard Club.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Dede!

I have it on my calendar and look forward to meeting everyone.

I am a longtime Denver Postcard Club member, having joined in 1991. I am currently the Membership Chair but will be giving up that role the end of the year when newly elected club officers take on their positions.

Not only am I a Postcrosser, but also a local dealer in vintage/collectible postcards. I participate in the local Denver Postcard and Paper Show held three times a year!

Postcards have been part of my life since I was a young girl!

Look forward to the meetup!

4 Likes

Dear all, I would like to know if anyone want to make a swap with me since I’m a meetup collector and I love this card :heart_eyes: I’m from Italy

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Karen and I’ll be there. Thank you so much for organizing this. I am looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I am from the Postcard Club as well.

2 Likes

Hi! I will send you a message saturday afternoon, after the meetup! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’d love to swap.

1 Like

Oh man, NOW there’s a meetup in Colorado after I move! :laughing: I would love to receive this card if anyone is willing to swap with me, though I do not have meetup cards myself. Please let me know what your interests are and I will see if I can accommodate. :smiley:

Hi Kaitlyn,
I’m just now seeing this and would love to join if it’s not too late!
Joan

1 Like

Hey Joan! We’d be more than happy for you to join!
We’ll see you tomorrow! :hugs:

Awesome! See you tomorrow!

1 Like

Hello again everyone! Thank you for coming today! I had a great time meeting everyone and look forward to seeing you all again soon; keep an eye out! I’ll be setting up another official meet up sometime around Christmas.

As promised, here is the link to the shop I customized my own stamp! https://www.etsy.com/listing/648550025/

Here are some photos I from the meetup!

If you have any photos, please upload them into the comments! :heart:

@LeftyLydia
@Paula7373
@ShadZ
@EJGorski
@Pstcrdldy
@Honalee
@Cachefan

Thank you guys again for coming!

4 Likes

Thanks so much Kaitlyn for organizing such a fun event! It was my first meetup and it was great to meet other postcrossers, share information and chat about our shared obsession. Can’t wait for the next one!

2 Likes