28 July 2024 - Meetup in the Bayou- Houma Louisiana

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Houma, Louisiana
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Terrebonne Public Library-Main Building
:calendar: DATE: July 28, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 2:30pm to 4pm CT
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Please join us down in the bayou for a Postcrossing Meetup! We will be in the Conference Room at the Main Library from 2:30pm-4pm with postcards, pens, snacks, drinks, and new friends! Bring any cards you wish to swap or simply show off. Hope to see you there!

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

3 Likes

I will be there.

1 Like

I will be there too! Hi pixbyhannah and hi Susan!

1 Like

Awesome, DeeDee!
I am so excited. Kudos to Hannah for putting this all together.

1 Like

I will try my best to be there! Excited to have one in Houma!

1 Like

Awesome, Covrob. What is your 1st name?

Hey everyone! Postcrossing is updating the forum and the RSVP option is no longer available. If you plan on attending please comment! Thanks you!

i will be in the area around this time, i think i’ll go!! is there a postcard for the meetup i can buy?

I am providing 50 postcards to split amongst the attendees. If you wish to donate for them you are welcome to do so, but I don’t expect payment. I just love to share this hobby with others!

2 Likes

Hello friends! Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album Anmelden | VK
Thanks!

Hannah,
I’ve been a member of Postcrossing since 2011 and just received a postcard with the invitation information from Cindy. I am planning on being there, and I want to thank you for putting this together! Cindy’s postcard was only the 2nd postcard I’ve received from my own state, Louisiana, so I feel very fortunate to have found out about the meetup. Synchronicity? Maybe. Incredible? Definitely! I will bring a variety of postcards from my stash for giving, and also some for swapping.

2 Likes

hi guys, i’m not from the US but will be in Louisiana for the meeting… does anyone know where I could buy Louisiana themed postcards? does goodwill have any? thanks in advance :slight_smile:

The Southdown Museum 1208 Museum Drive
Houma, LA 70360-6072 is having their 40% July sale. Their 35 cents postcards are 21 cents this month. It is mostly plantations but I don’t mind for the price.
Another place that I like to purchase postcards is at the gift shop at Storyland in City Park in New Orleans. The last time I was there, postcards were 50 cents. Any other locals have favorite spots?

Cindy

I’d love to attend! Do I need to signup anywhere or just
Show up? :heart:

1 Like

Yes! Hannah is planning on having a post card for the event, she will split them between all of the attendees.

1 Like

Bookendss-

Yes, please come. There isn’t an official rsvp, so the more the merrier.

2 Likes

Hello Hannah! I’d love to come, count me in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would anybody like to swap with me? :slightly_smiling_face: I’m from Germany.