25 May 2024, Kyiv meet up

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Kyiv
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Khreschatyk St, 22 (philately)
:calendar: DATE: 25.05.2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 15:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: The Day of Kyiv meetup with traditional cards signing, communicating, drinking tea/coffee with smth sweat

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

:scissors: Notes for meetup organizer (delete this text after reading): :scissors:

• Your meetup must follow the Meetup Guidelines. Please keep the link to them on this post (already included above).
  • Always specify the timezone of the event when choosing date/time on the “Add Event” button above.
  • Your first post announcing the meeting must be in English. The rest of the meetup discussion can be conducted in your own language.
  • If you’re creating meetups postcards with the Postcrossing logo, make sure to check the Logo Usage Guidelines.
2 Likes

Please give at least 14+ days notice of future meetings.

Giving 1 days notice is not enough time for any prospective member to attend or guarantee that the event will get added to the calendar in time.

There is a war in Ukraine, so it is impossible to know in advance whether the meeting will take place. We don’t even know if we will be able to wake up tomorrow… unfortunately…

4 Likes

Also, it is not safe to share location in advance, especially when a big group of people is gathering, it is a huge risk of an attack
That is why safety is first priority

5 Likes

With one days notice how did the large group of participants know about the meeting and where to go?

I understand the issues in your country at this time, but with 1 days notice it is not feasible that the members knew in time about the meeting. One days notice is unrealistic for them to attend.

Any Postcrossing meeting announcement should have 14+ days notice here on the forum.

Vicki
Postcrossing Team

1 Like

Good morning, Vicky, hope you are doing well today
First of all, thank you for your suggestion.
However, as a participant of this meetup I can aware you that more than 20 people attended the meeting and it was great. I believe it is classified as “large group of people” and should not be doubted.
Also, we do not have “issues” in our country, we have war. I believe it is brave enough to make meetups in such situation, and it is also smart not to announce meetup in advance, especially when due to war we are not expecting any foreigners to visit, because it is not safe.
According to that fact that on 25.5.24, right at that time when we were gathering, had happened a huge attack, I am sure that everything was done right and we were safe.
However, we will make sure to send 14+ days announcements right after it will be safe for us to do.
Have a blessed day ahead

9 Likes