25 June 2022 -- NW Washington -- Whidbey Island (Freeland)

Oooh! Doing a trade could be fun! I will try to remember to bring some blank ones with me to share/swap.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

1 Like

можно пожалуйста обменяться с вами

Hello. I’m planning on being there Saturday and bringing two of my Postcrossing friends.

1 Like

Great! Looking forward to seeing you!

1 Like

Hi Jim looking forward to Saturday! I bet we have dozen people there. We leave tomorrow we got ourselves an AirBnB in Freeland. We should get there in time for dinner and could use recommendations where to eat! see you soon!

Here’s a list I put together for Saturday. I would advise calling first because some places are still operating at reduced levels post-pandemic. I removed some from the list that I either know won’t be open or aren’t dinner-oriented. Also, many places on the island close at 8pm so be sure you check on the hours.

If you want something a bit upscale, but not outrageously pricy, I recommend Gordon’s on Blueberry Hill (in Freeland – not on this list). Gordon’s does not take reservations but if you call and there is a table available they will hold it for 15 minutes. The Braeburn is excellent. Penn Cove Taproom has about 20 different beers & ciders on tap and has a food truck available. Prima Bistro is another somewhat upscale place. I’ve heard good things about Saltwater Fish House but haven’t been there. Spyhop is a pub in Langley that’s another good choice, as is Village Pizzeria; VP has a limited menu beyond pizza.

Rocket Taco - street tacos and more - across the street from Payless
Cozy’s - WA-525 up the hill from Clinton ferry
The Braeburn - great food, often a wait - Second Street, Langley
The Braeburn at the Barnyard - food truck at Penn Cove Brewpub - 5488 S Freeland Ave, Freeland
Taproom at Bayview Corners - Bayview Rd, just north of WA-525
Whidbey Donuts – more than just donuts! - immediately south of Taproom at Bayview Corners
China City – Scott Rd, Freeland - about ¼ mile east of Crabby Coffee, just east of Frontier Lumber
Patron (Mexican) - Ken’s Korner (WA-525 & Cultus Bay Rd)
Sprinklz (ice cream) - First Street, Langley, and Ken’s Korner (WA-525 & Cultus Bay Rd)
Nosh - WA-525 up the hill from Clinton ferry
Village Pizzeria - First Street, Langley
Saltwater Fish House & Oyster Bar - First Street, Langley
Prima Bistro - First Street, Langley
Dairy Queen - WA-525 up the hill from Clinton ferry
Bailey’s Corner Store - great burgers, 4 local craft beers - 7695 Cultus Bay Rd, Clinton
Blooms Bistro - winery & cafe - 5511 S Freeland Ave, Freeland
Callan’s - WA-20, next to Coupeville ferry terminal
Other restaurants in Coupeville: Ciao, Oystercatcher, Pizza Factory, Front Street Grill, Toby’s

Thank you Jim!!

HEY!!!
How exciting that tomorrow is the meet-up! A big thank you to Jim for setting it up and organizing this!
I plan on catching a ferry sometime between 830 and 9 and heading on my way.
@bitsofbrokenhearts I will be putting together some cards for swapsies or just takesies :rofl:
I am limited on items right now because we are in the middle of rearranging our house and moving - a lot of my fun ephemera is packed away :sob:

I am very much looking forward to seeing everyone! My husband may join and sit elsewhere, he just does not understand how we can talk postcards/stationery/postcrossing for more than a few minutes! Hahaha.

Looking forward to the mini adventure!

Keeks

2 Likes

Keeks, Saturday morning is a VERY high-volume period on the ferry. Definitely aim for the 8:30 boat if you can – waits of an hour or more are not unheard of. (Bring a book!) It’s a good idea to check the ferry status around 9:30-10:00 the evening before. http://wsdot.com/ferries/schedule/bulletin.aspx

Allowing for transit time, unloading, and drive time to Crabby Coffee, figure you’d arrive about 45 minutes after your ferry departure time – so if you end up on the 9:30 ferry, you’d arrive at the meetup about 10:15.

1 Like

I will be checking! Thanks Jim!

Wanna swap here!
I offer this signed meet-up card from China.

Ciao (pizza) is one of my favorites! Toby’s (pub) is also really good!

We are on our way to the meet up but running late. See you soon

I would like to swap. I have several meeting cards from last week. If anyone is interested, I’m happy to send pictures

Have fun

Hey there! I got one of the meetup cards but with no ID. Would love to post it on my wall. It was lovely to recognize at least one person I know from our meetup near Portland! Anyone have an ID I can attach to it?

1 Like

I know a few folks at the meetup were sending some of their cards to people they knew, not just addresses they got from Postcrossing. Yours is probably one of those! I’ll post a copy of your message in the Puget Sound Postcrossing Group on Facebook and perhaps someone there will confess to being the sender.