25 February 2023 - Montclair California Meetup (SoCal)

Yes, there is a meetup in San Francisco according to the forum.

Iā€™m tentative. Bookmarking this meetup to decide in January. Itā€™s a long drive for me but Iā€™d like to try :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Meetups are informal. You can always start one.

thanks for tagging me! I just might be able to join in. Iā€™ll confirm soon.

2 Likes

The Snail Mail Social Club used to meet at this location, pre-pandemic. This week, I walked there with a friend, and the setup in the food court is still pretty much the sameā€“there is a long table we can use, with smaller tables adjacent. And, there are restrooms nearby and a Starbucks down the escalator. Iā€™ll go back, soon, and will take photos. This is adjacent to the freeway, so easy access. Parking is easy, too. Closer to the meetup date, Iā€™ll provide directions, so people can easily find us.
There is a variety of food, for any whoā€™d like to stay afterward to eat lunch and chat. Van and I usually do that.

3 Likes

Thanks Kristi. Would you also be able to confirm our meeting time? The moderator has marked it as ā€œIncompleteā€ until we have the time confirmed.

1 Like

Thanks, Vanā€“10am to noon. I confirmed the timing with the mall and we are welcome. The mall entrance doors should all be opened at 10am (the mall welcomes walkers before the official opening time). The restaurants start opening at 11am. I was there last week, and Starbucks, at the bottom of the food court escalator, was open earlier for the walkers, so we have the option to purchase beverages there.
When I post pictures, Iā€™ll send a list of the food places, for anyone who is interested.

3 Likes

Really like the design and card! May I have some signed cards by mail? I am not local and cannot attend the meetup, hope I could visited Montclair this Fall. Thank you!

Hi @simone_hxmeng

Thanks for your interest. In the spirit of meetups, we are only offering these postcard orders to attendees. However, I would love to mail you a card if you would like one. If so, feel free to send me a DM with your name and address.

We plan to have more of these meetups in the future. If you are ever in Southern California during a meetup, we would love to meet you!

Hi, Iā€™d like to reserve 20 cards. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello I would like 10 cards.

1 Like

I would like to attend. Iā€™ll have to take publictransportation from Pasadena, so this is tentative.

2 Likes

Hello! Iā€™d like to ask is it possible to swap this card? I am from Poland, Joanna

Hi @JoannaOr

Yes, I can send you a card. Can you send me a PM with your name and address?

1 Like

@ultracinematik @lucedelsole @Cagelove It was really nice meeting you ladies at the Buena Park Meetup yesterday. Here is the Montclair meetup we mentioned yesterday!

3 Likes

Hi @antoniadm09

Would love to have you. We are putting card orders in increments of 10. Should I put you down for 20 or 30 cards?

I will let everyone know the final price after February 4 when we have the final card quantity that needs to be printed. Iā€™ll also determine the best way for payment as well. It will just most likely be cash on day of meetup.

I deleted my posts because I realized this is in Southern California and Iā€™m in Northern California. Montclair is also a neighborhood up here so I got confused. I canā€™t attend but I hope you all have fun!

Hi Postcrossers,

There was a limited time sale, so I have placed our postcard order. Postcards will be $0.30 each and sold in increments of 10. You may pay with Zelle now, or cash (exact change) day of.

I have eliminated the maximum cards to be signed as attendance is manageable. If we end up getting more people, we can decide as a group what max number is appropriate. We went to Buena Park meetup over the weekend and signing 500 cards was very manageable as long as you had a signature stamp. I ordered mine on rubberstamps.com.

One personā€™s trash is another personā€™s treasure. Meetups are great places to give away your extra stash that you have been wanting to get rid of. I will be bringing a small stack to anyone willing to give it a good new home.

3 Likes

@Vandelion Fun seeing everyone who showed up in Buena Park last Saturday! The trial card for the Montclair Meetup worked really well, I thought. Thanks for bringing it to try out! Please put me down for 20 cards.

3 Likes

Hi @Vandelion and @Kristi-D ! Looking forward to attendingā€¦this is my RSVP 'yes, i am planning to attend. Also, I would like 20 postcards please! Will be sending my payment. Thank you for organizing this event!

2 Likes