25 August 2022 - Sacramento Meetup and PONY CARS STAMP DEDICATION

Yes they will but the design hasn’t been announced yet

If anyone is interested in attending some other stamp dedication ceremonies, there will be a couple coming up soon in California. Ceremony details haven’t been announced yet but the dates and cities have:
Buzz Lightyear Go Beyond- August 3rd 2022 in Los Angeles
National Marine Sanctuaries- August 5th 2022 in Santa Cruz
This is what the stamps look like:

3 Likes

I am planning for the Buzz Lightyear since its in Hollywood close to my place but their timing is weird 9am is the ceremony like why so early lol :laughing: oh btw My personal event postcards are ready, Its mainly for my friends that I would be sending to in other countries and few will put them up for swap with the stamp show special postmark. So excited!

4 Likes

Those are beautiful! I’d love to buy a few if you have extras

1 Like

@Angelthepup22 i will take 25 of your post cards
And @geetikasinha7 i would love to swap for one of yours please

I am thinking about going to the Marine animals in Santa Cruz.

I can pre pay as well. Please let me know what I owe and I will pick up at the event

Thanks for all your explanations while I get a hang of this

1 Like

Unfortunately i cannot sell them due to artwork using logos of the organizations involved. I created it for my personal use only and will have a few up for swap on my IG account next week to finalize the swaps before the event. @Angelthepup22

@Angelthepup22
The postcards are colorful and pretty. :heart_eyes:
I would like to purchase 20 of them.

I am embarrassed to ask this question now , but is it OK to use these Postcrossing meetup postcards for private use outside of Postcrossing?

Also, do you think that the National Marine Sanctuaries Stamps, which will be ceremonially released on Santa Cruz on August 5, available for purchase in Sacramento as well?
As I said, I can’t take off work more than once in the same month, but I think these stamps would be wonderful. :two_hearts:

Yes! You’re welcome to use the meetup cards outside of Postcrossing. I usually send a card from every meetup I attend to some family members as well and they’re not Postcrossing members.
Also yes, I expect the USPS will have the marine sanctuary stamps available for sale too. At these major stamp shows they set up a booth that’s like a mini post office with all of the stamps currently available in regular post offices. They also have shipping supplies in case you buy something and need to mail it home.

1 Like

Awesome! What’s your Instagram?

1 Like

Thanks so much for your thoughtful replies as always! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I live in Los Angeles and late August is usually busy but I’ll try to attend! Can I reserve 30 postcards? Thank you for making such a detailed plan!

1 Like

Yes! I’ll set those aside for you.

1 Like

We have the first day of issue postmarks announced for the Pony Stamps Issue :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::raised_hands:

1 Like

I would like to purchase 40 postcards. I can pay in advance and will pick up at the meet up. I have been to meet ups where there have been a set limit as to the number of postcards you can pass around to be signed. Will there be a limit?

2 Likes

Can I request 50 cards to pick up at the event? Let me know if I need to pay in advance. Thank you so much.

1 Like

I am gonna be in San Jose… Is anyone going for the Meet-up up to Sacramento from San Jose let me know I would like to join in/pull in as well.

Best regards
Sagar

I would like 200 cards. I will see you in Sacramento. If for some reason you design a second card, I will take 100 of each. I will take more the day of the event if there are any extras.

@Angelthepup22

Thank you for designing the card! I would like to purchase 30 if possible!

Annie

1 Like

Oceanfun you could probably take the BART from San Jose to San Francisco and then in San Francisco take the Flixbus or Greyhound to Sacramento. Flixbus runs on a website and has you meet a designated corner. Greyhound has a physical station.

1 Like

You can also take Amtrak to Sacramento from Diridon Station SJ. The Sacramento Amtrak station isn’t too far from the venue and will be a quick Uber/Lyft ride unless you wanna walk a mile-ish. The downtown is interesting to explore too!

1 Like