24 February 2024 - Milwaukee Wisconsin meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Milwaukee WI
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Stampfest 2024 Stamp Show
St Francis Lion’s Community Center
3476 E Howard Ave.
St. Francis WI 53235
:calendar: DATE: Saturday February 24 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1pm Central time
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: The show runs from 10am to 5pm. Check out the show for stamps and postcards before the meetup.
It is the second meetup for the developing Milwaukee Postcard Group. We’ll be gathering ideas on how the group should proceed .
Meeting postcards will be available . Price will be determined after printing.
AT THE MEETUP YOU CAN
Meet and enjoy other Postcrossers.
Sign meetup postcards.
Bring unwanted postcards for the free table.
Find treasures at the free table.
Bring postcards to trade with other Postcrossers.
Possible silent auction for postcards.
And who knows what else may happen.

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

2 Likes

Exciting! Going to do my best to pop in. I think I have to teach that morning in Milwaukee, so that works out so well!

Good to hear it. The postcards are designed and soon off to the printers. Look forward to seeing you again.

1 Like

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it, and thank you for organizing.

1 Like

I am planning to attend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im looking into flying in from Washington state!

1 Like

Sounds great! Look forward to meeting you.

Postcards came today. $.25 each .You can reserve up to 30 if you like. Let me know how many you want.

Please pay for the postcards
with cash at the meetup.

I was at graduate-school of UWM 30 years ago, so Milwaukee is still “home-away-from-home” to me.

The weekly menu of Kopp’s Frozen Custard still pops up from time to time and Sprecher Root Beer “flows through my veins” :slight_smile:

So, I will be with you at the meet-up in thought, waving :wave: and cheering from the castle-lined forests of “Hessen”, the sister-state of Wisconsin in Germany

Ralf

1 Like

Das ist gute.
I’m a UWM alum too. I hope to bicycle in Germany soon. I’m looking into a bike and barge tour.Have you heard of it. Your room is on the boat and as the boat moves you ride to it every day. Send me your address and we will send you a meetup card.
Sorry about the rambling .
Happy Postcrossing
Chris (ckproeber)

Hi Chris, Didn’t know if I was going to be able to make it on the 24th. Finally figured out that I’m good to get down to St. Francis. See you on Saturday. I’ll take 16 Meetup cards if you’ve got that many available. Thanks for pulling this together.
Nick Schroeder — OldBadger

1 Like

You got them.

Will try to be there!

1 Like

Do you want to reserve any meetup postcards ? They are $0,25 each. You can pay cash at the meeting if you make it.

Augh, I had something else come up that perfectly overlaps with this meetup, looks like I can’t make it after all. Have fun!

Hello all, I saw this meet-up awhile back and now I’m sure I can make it! The rest of the WiscoFamily can’t make it though. I’d love to get 12 meet-up cards if possible. Thanks for putting this together :grinning:

Sadly I got sick & tested postive for COVID on Tues night. I’m still having symptoms so it would not be wise to come and risk it. I’m so sad. Have fun everyone and I hope to see you again next time around.

I look forward to joining you. Thank you for setting this up.

I am planning on attending, but sometimes my health interferes with plans. I would like to buy whatever meetup postcards might be available. The ones I have bought most recently (for the Madison WI and the Illinois-Wisconsin border meetups) have been very popular.
Thanks much for organizing!
Jane