22 April 2023 - Tampa, Florida meet-up

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Tampa, Florida
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Hampton Inn & Ssuites Tampa-Northwest Oldsmar, 4017 Tampa Road, Oldsmar, FL 34677
:calendar: DATE: April 22, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: I will make at least 150 cards each time. That number will work when there’s like 5 people.
I will have a couple signs at a table reserved for us each time.
More about the postcard club:
Complimentary snacks are there.
April 22, 2023 show is 10:00am-6:00pm
Admission to each show-Adults $3, 2 days $5, and children under 12 are free (but not probable honestly).
When we get there, we’ll chat and introduce ourselves and eventually all of us with sign every card. Or you can find something online with a custom stamp with your signature or some other stamp instead of signing it. That’s fine and done a lot on these meetup cards.
I like signing with pink. But I’ll bring my gel pens so we don’t just sign with blue or black pens.
Usually the get together lasts an hour.
Meet-up cards will be 10 cents each.
So at this event, you’ll see quite a few people who have collected so long, you can see they have 2,000+ postcards. They often ask $1-$5 per postcard! These are life long collections.
Some are cool, like plastic in a postcard you shine a flashlight to to mimic the stained glass effect. Or there’s postcards with fabric sewed onto it. Maxi cards aren’t really there.

2 Likes

Hi,

I am interested in attending your meet-up but have never been to one. What should I bring?

Thanks,
Judith

Just bring a colored pen because the postcard is prettier when all the signatures are different colors.

1 Like

Hi! I am VERY new to Postcrossing, currently live in Chicago but from St Pete. I will be in Seminole for a few months and would like to attend. Just trying to understand what exactly this MeetUP is about? Are there postcards for sale? Are people just showing their postcards? Sorry for all of the questions - newbie lol
Thanks!

The meet-up is about getting to know the other postcrossers in the Tampa Bay Area. Or really any area. But the meet-ups are usually an hour long and everyone signs. I like to bring colored gel pens so the card looks colorful.
But my, these meet-ups are within the Tampa postcard club. We get our own table.
Are postcards for sale? Yes, but from me, no.
See, I accidentally ordered 250 postcards with the Tampa mural on it. So no way am I selling them, more like, I need help getting rid of them.
Nobody came to the last meet-up. But the postcard club met for two days, so I can’t say how Saturday was. But I left 50 postcards there in case anyone came. But I still have a lot from the last meet-up I will recycle. The date is arbitrary every time I ask others what they think.
Are people just showing their postcards?
Absolutely. This is a group of people who have been collecting their whole lives! Who often have 2,000 postcards, on them.
Many want $1-$5 for their cards, even if they’re written on. So really they barely sell them.
But some are more reasonable. Like I met someone who let me have 100 cards for $5 last time. Another man will collect Maxi cards of mine and I will get 5 random ones for 1 Maxi.
We meet at a Hilton hotel in Oldsmar.
If you want one of our flyers, tell me your address and I will mail it to you. The next meet-up is on April 22.

Thanks, I plan on being there. Look forward to it.

I’ll be there this time! I couldn’t make it on Friday last time.

I’m hoping to be there in April. I’m coming from Canada. My sister in law is coming from Florida also. Looking forward to it!

I will appreciate everyone who comes.

I intend to be there. Last April the meet-up was really nice.

I hope to be there! Please remind everyone!

Hi all, really looking forward to seeing folks at the meetup! I’m coming from Canada. Is there anything I can bring from Canada that would be of interest? Take Care and see you soon! Joanne

Hi, Candis,

I will be there on April 22. Looking forward to seeing you! Want a few door prizes.? I’ll be glad to contribute.

• Jayne/ sedgewick

Come…it’ll be fun.

The Sunshine Postcard club generously allows us a table to meet and sign cards and although they have a different focus than postcrossers do, they usually have a slew of cards available for 25 cents each, if you want to buy cards.

• Jayne

Yeah! That’d be great, either for just our group or the whole postcard group. I didn’t even think of that, but that’s a great idea. I bought like 1,700 vintage Tampa postcards for $30 recently. Im definitely bringing that! Either door prize or free, but it’s coming with me.

The meet-up is at noon.

Hi, I’ve seen 10am, 11am and noon for the meetup. Can you confirm the time. Also what time does the postcard show start at? Thanks and See you on Saturday the 22nd! Joanne

I was thinking noon because of how far I have to drive. Also, because I usually work til 11, so I thought noon. Then I remembered I asked for it off, so that’s why I ever said 11 earlier. Until I remembered I have tried ten, and nobody usually arrives that early.

This is still on, correct?

Noon definitely sounds better. I’ll be coming from the Orlando area and better chance to make it in time this way.