💌 2024 Year of Postcard challenge, join us

Not sure if this is going to the right place! Would love to do this but do not have a penpal.

1 Like

@P05tkatze I received your card week #10#11,12,#13 and #16. all are 5 cards. Thank you.
The image on #11, it looks like north eastern Chinese forest. But i know it is in European plain.
I like #11 European modern architecture. Thany you, card #12 is maximum card. I searched the castle on #13. I know Trier city is the oldest city in Germany. I know Marx’s hometown is in Trier. Trier is nearby Luxembourg. Card #16 is good .Thank you very much.

4 Likes

Yay! That was a long time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

#17 card to @ilenia sent out today.

2 Likes

:love_letter: @LiveLaughLoveLeafs

Helen, cards #17, #18, #19 and #20 are in the mail.
I am sorry I was so far behind :face_with_peeking_eye:

:hugs: :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

No problem :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Received this lovely card 6 from @Skittykitty.

4 Likes

I’m sending out #16 to @nialese and #17 to @bx-zxj .

I have also some received which I will so tomorrow.

2 Likes

Than you @Skittykitty for cards 18, 19 & 20!!
I haven’t been able to sit and get on postcrossing for the last 2 weeks but here we are :face_holding_back_tears:
Love that last card so much!!
How’s your classics RR going?
There are a lot of classics I still haven’t read that are on my list Ike Brave New World, adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Master & Margarita…
Some classics I would love to reread are the Outsiders, The Catcher in the Rye, Great Gatsby, Jane Eyre & Tess of the durbervilles.
What did you guys decide on?

5 Likes

Received from @Xandra247 thank you! I love both cards :heart:

5 Likes

I received a card from @Xeniyya thank you

4 Likes

Hi Hongliang,
great the cards reached you and funny that card #16 outrunned #14 and #15. :smiley: Interesting.
And it’s interesting to know that you find a similiar forest in China like the one in my region on card #11.
Card #13 seems to have a hard time traveling. On it is the landmark of Trier. It’s named Porta Nigra (nowadays), which is Latin and translates to Black gate or door. It got black over time. And to be precise it’s a former city gate from the Romans and not a castle, where people lived in. Okay, technically there had been a person who “lived” in it centuries later, but not very comfortable like one imagine in a castle. The hermit “Simeon” immured himself in the Porta Nigra and got his food and things only through a small window. He died in it later. And afterwards it became a church, that’s probalby why this gate still exists while the others don’t.
Edit: And well, by knowing all this things about Trier like that Trier is Germany’s oldest city and that it’s the birthplace of Karl Marx and that it’s near Luxembourg, you know a lot more than some Germans :slight_smile:

In the mail

• card #19 on Sunday, 19th to @Dar
  • card #20 on Monday, 20th to @zhang040212 (card #19 will follow :slight_smile: )
1 Like

@potatertot I got your first two at the same time - I had a nice morning reading them!
I will reply through cards as not to share your personal info here, but I do want to say that we have similar paths, which makes me very excited to write to you next. My second card (May) left yesterday. Thanks and see you on the mailbox!

5 Likes

Thank you, Jen, for the cool card! I always wanted such a camera when I was a kid but my parents decided that the paper for the picture was just too expensive. A couple of years ago a mini version of it got popular. My daughter actually has one. The paper issue is still true today and the quality of the photo didn’t change neither. :joy:
@Jen_M

7 Likes

Received some cards lately
#9 from @nialese

and various from @bx-zxj

6 Likes

Today I received the most awesome (and biggest) card from @epd (#6) and I LOVE it !!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thank you so much Ellen; No seals here in Texas and I really miss working with them… The stamp is pretty too.
This last month has been really tough so I really, really enjoyed receiving your card. Will send yours very soon. I am trying to catch up too!

:sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

:joy: Ehm, maybe you sent card #16 after all, because I received this great card #15 today with a postmark from May 8th! Thank you, Ashlee!:blush:

4 Likes

Well, card 17 (with #15 written, I believe) was mailed and I guess I’ll change card #16 I’m writing to card #18 :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you @inlostdreams for card eighteen! It is an art print from ikea. I hope you win next time! I hope you had an awesome anniversary!

Thank you Jennifer! @upsideapples and @Dar have you heard if Jennifer @canoeflickers is on postcrossing? I noticed you were doing the challenge with her, too.

5 Likes

@jeannor

Hi Jeanne! I wasn’t aware that I listed The Peanuts on my wishlist. So I guess it is just coincidence but you really made my day. The Peanuts were my favorite cartoon as a kid! :heart_eyes: Back then we had three TV channels only and it was always really special when it was shown on TV. Thanks a lot for the cool card!

2 Likes