💌 2024 Year of Postcard challenge, join us

Card #1 is going into the mail today for @ladytrinity81 and @bec0vka

6 Likes

I received today a wonderful illustrated floral postcard (no #5) from @DaanDreams

Thanks a lot for your choice Daniela and the kind messages about your Easter activities :hatching_chick:

7 Likes

Thank you @Dar for two beautiful card thirteen!

5 Likes

Thank you @inlostdreams for card eleven! I love how you decorate the cards!

3 Likes

Thank you @WendyKaye for card three! You have beautiful vintage cards!

5 Likes

:laughing: You’re welcome, Bunny! It seems I’ve lost track of the weeks but I’m not surprised :crazy_face: you can count the extra 13 as a fill in for any other cards that you may not have received yet if there are any lol. In the beginning of the challenge I had a little book where I would mark the weeks off but it seems I’ve lost that book too :joy:

4 Likes

I feel spoiled by all the wonderful cards that @P05tkatze has sent! Thank you so much :sparkling_heart:

Cards 5,6,9, 10 & 11 are attached in order.

:sparkles: UNESCO site Igel Column
Btw, How’s the loudspeaker working out? Have you listened to any good audiobooks?

:clown_face: Humorist on his way to work
I love that I’m learning so much from you! Carneval sounds like a nice celebration, as does Women’s Thursday. Have you cut any men’s ties yet?? Love your illustration too! I hope you’re feeling much better now. :heart:

:cherry_blossom: “Spring Snowflake”
I laughed out loud at your comment about the eagle mascot we have and you not sending anymore birds :rofl: I think you may be on to something :face_holding_back_tears: mountains and flowers sound wonderful too. All of your cards are great!

:rabbit: “Rabbits’ Paradise”
I do celebrate Easter but not the one that just passed. Orthodox Easter follows the Julian calendar rather than e Gregorian I believe, and this year by it falls on May 5th! Usually it’s a week behind and sometimes on the same Sunday but idk what happened this year :grin:
Erich Kästner’s description of himself sounds ehm interesting. I’ll have to think long and hard to come up with a description for myself and send it to in anotherej card.

:hatching_chick: Easter bullying :sweat_smile:
Ps. I LOVE the Lego stamp so much

5 Likes

I had to start making little marks next to your addresses to keep track. I used to be more sophisticated with keeping track but I never did it.:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

You know what? :joy: I received the missing card #8 from you (@Dar) today:

I really like the dahlias :heart_eyes_cat: And because you mentioned floriography, I had to look it up and the flowers you sent me, too! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Normally I just know of red roses and their not so hidden meaning, but that’s it. Well, you obviously chose well for my liking (I like dahlias! and both birthmonths) and according to a website the pink dahlias they stand for kindness and grace and feminine beauty and - how fitting - commitment :grin: and/or positive change and dahlias in general for some kind of bond? I couldn’t find yellow dahlias, but yellow apparently stands for friendship at least with roses. It seems like a science unto itself :smiley: Interesting. But nice to know that you sent me a hint, that you are commited in sending postcards? :grin: Oh. Was that a secret? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Was it wrong to say that out loud?

And I’m stunned that so many cards have arrived at once at your home. What happened suddenly? :sweat_smile: And answers to your questions:
card #5

Oh, it’s great! It has a nice audio volume and it was definitely worth buying it! But I haven’t heard an audiobook so far on it. Currently I hear only old audiobooks and only for falling asleep and it never occured to me that I could use the loudspeaker for it :sweat_smile:

No, I’m sorry to disappoint you. I haven’t. But the headaches etc. are gone. :smiley:

#9:
:grin: glad you enjoyed it. Well as I learned I have to be careful now with flowers and the hidden message I send and my place has more hills than mountains, but we will see. :wink:

Wow, interesting to know about your Easter and then really late this year!

I’m sorry to correct you :face_with_peeking_eye: but it’s a Playmobil stamp. :grimacing: I looked it up, because I didn’t know myself if they maybe belong to the same company, but Lego is from Denmark and Playmobil from Germany. You cannot build up own things with Playmobil like you can with Lego.

Puh, and luckily I made sure that you don’t run out of the postcard supply with all the cards suddenly arriving @Dar. Crazy.

• card #13 to @Dar is in the mailbox since April 1st (but it was an holiday here)
  • card #12 to @zhang040212 also since April 1st
  • card #12 to @Pinksxo on March 30th and card #13 today
5 Likes

I have the backside from a postcard calendar showing the whole year with the week numbers and I color and circle the days, when a card for one of you find its way into a mailbox. But I also had to add the card number, because it confused me being behind :smile:

4 Likes

That sounds like a good way to track! I try to mail all the cards on the same day. I love the playmobil stamps you were talking about! The little letter carriers on the postcrossing blog are playmobils.

4 Likes

Ah, yes indeed! I forgot about them :smiley:

3 Likes

Yay! We’re heading towards Texas next. :slight_smile: The plan is to watch the Solar eclipse from there.

More happy mail coming your way soon!

~ Jenn

3 Likes

Hello,
Today I received an awesome illustrated card of M. Lehvaslaiho from @LiveLaughLoveLeafs (missing card #4). Thank you so much Helen, I love it and those seal stamps are awesome!

Happy mail to all. :mailbox_with_mail:

8 Likes

Glad you liked it! The bugs have been eating me alive in Florida! Yuck. :slight_smile:

More happy mail heading your way tomorrow.

~ Jenn

3 Likes

@MiJo
A big thank you for card #4! Think I’m getting the hang of this now!! Happy Easter! :hatching_chick: your next card will be in the postbox first thing tomorrow!

5 Likes

Postcard #2 is on the way to @WendyKaye @Jen_M and @hellokomorebi :slight_smile: mailed it on the first of April

3 Likes

Happy mail fourteen on the way to @Dar, @wanderlustjenn, and @inlostdreams.

Happy mail four on the way to @WendyKaye.

6 Likes

Received #9 from @postcrossingMel

Please thank your children for choosing such an original and fun postcard :star_struck:

9 Likes

:heart_decoration:
Thanks everybody for posting those great postcards and lovely messages.
:hugs: :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes