20 April 2024 - Tampa Meet-up

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Tampa Bay Area
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-Nothwest Oldsmar,
4017 Tampa Road, Oldsmar, FL 34677
:calendar: DATE: April 20, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00 pm EST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: There will be a table for Postcrossers within the Tampa Postcard Club.
The Postcard Club meets and begins at ten.
But we have the meet-up at noon because many times people are coming from the (407) and I-4 has traffic!
Bring your custom signature stamp (as many do) or multiple pens. I bring like 10 gel pens and sign cards in multiple colors.
The meet-up is generally an hr long and there will probably be 100 postcards divided among us.
Yes, these postcards are free to all in attendance.

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

:scissors: Notes for meetup organizer (delete this text after reading): :scissors:

• Your meetup must follow the Meetup Guidelines. Please keep the link to them on this post (already included above).
  • Always specify the timezone of the event when choosing date/time on the “Add Event” button above.
  • Your first post announcing the meeting must be in English. The rest of the meetup discussion can be conducted in your own language.
  • If you’re creating meetups postcards with the Postcrossing logo, make sure to check the Logo Usage Guidelines.
2 Likes

I’d love to attend!

Finished designing the meetup cards! Excited to show everyone!

2 Likes

Awesome!

I am new to Postcrossing this year and have questions about meet ups. I’m not sure what to expect and what all I need to do to come.

Hi Raigan! Welcome! I’m newer to Postcrossing as well but have been to a few meetups. :slight_smile: I think Candis mentioned most of this in her post, but we pass around and sign meetup postcards (these will be provided, so just bring some pens to sign!). If you have any postcards you want to trade, you can bring these, too! The Tampa meetups are at the Sunshine Post Card Club show and sale, so you can also walk around afterwards and look through/purchase postcards if you want to. The postcard show has a $3 admission.

1 Like

Candis and Haley, I am so sorry that I cannot be there on 4/20 — I double-booked myself in an art workshop and I’ve already paid for it! I had my Saturdays mixed up.

I am excited to see Haley’s cards, and I’d love to buy an “allotment” of signed cards - depending on how many people show up~ so just tell me what I owe you and I’ll send you a check if you’ll give me your address? Or, if you have lots of people in attendance and can’t do that, I will understand.

I read in the Sunshine Postcard Club’s newsletter that Leah Schall just bought 37,000 postcards, so she will be selling cards in certain boxes for .25 or 5 for $1

Really hate to miss this, so see you all in October.

Thanks!
-Jayne

2 Likes

Also, just have to say to anyone who has been looking at this post:

C’mon out and join the postcrossers at the meetups! It’s fun to be with other postcrossers and hear their “mail tales.”

450 people have viewed this post, so even if only 5% come, that is 22 people -

Don’t be shy, y’all!

4 Likes

Hello! What should I expect for this event? Are post cards for sale? (What’s the average cost) I ordered a custom stamp to bring!! This is my first event.

Hello Stacie!
As this event is held during the Post Card Clubs show, yes there are postcards for sale but most are from postcard collectors. There are a few tables there that have cheaper postcards for sale too. The postcard show has a $3 admission.
We normally meet and sign cards for the hour we are scheduled (If you have a stamp instead it makes the signing much easier on your hands! Its a lot of cards!) and have a small raffle for some extra items members bring (I have Washi Tape and 1cent Stamps I normally bring) Many times people will bring extra postcards so others can take them home too.
Most of us give the person who printed the meet-up cards money for them as they designed and got the cards printed.

We would love to see you there this weekend!

So excited to attend! My best friend and I will be there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you @haleyw for posting the photo and supplying this meet ups postcards!

2 Likes

Nice meeting you all! Thank you Haley for the fun Postcrossing cards. Thank you everyone for the signatures. See you next time.
Krissy

2 Likes

Had such an excellent time, I hope everyone found something cool at the show! <3 Thanks for making my very first meetup wonderful!
Trinaty

1 Like

It was so great to meet everyone today, I hope to see everyone again at another meetup. Thank you for organizing it.

Here’s the link to the Maxicard info!

3 Likes

So sad I was under the weather and couldn’t be there, I hope to meet everybody at the next one :smile:
Trin brought me back some beautiful postcards, the Tampa meetup card is so cutie!! You did a phenomenal job! <3

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t make it, hope to see y’all in another time.

TIL what a maxicard is…