1st October 2023 - WPD Meetup in Indianapolis, Indiana

Definitely, we’d love to have you!

I would like to attend! I would love 20 of the corn cards please!

1 Like

I would like to attend I live 3 hours away but will travel to attend how do I sign up ? This would be my first

1 Like

Dang it!!! I live 10 min away from here, and my post office is the one kitty corner to the Central Library! Unfortunately, I am out on vacation with family on this day so I can’t make it. I will be sending my thoughts to y’all and will look forward to next year!

1 Like

I am planning to be there! I’ve never been to a meetup before. So glad this is relatively close to home! Also, I’d like 5 of each postcard.

1 Like

I had originally planned to attend, but it looks like I won’t be back to Indy in time for the meet up. I’m sorry I’m going to miss it. I love the card you designed!

Updated. Thank you @LoriL for agreeing to swap with me!

Summary

My WPD offers:

1 Like

I’d like to sign up to attend! I’m new to the postcrossing community and I’m excited to see what a meetup is like.

1 Like

I am planning to go to the Indy meetup. I will swap a card with you!

1 Like

@wayoutdacloset1 Just by saying here that you’re coming! I’ll add you to the list :slight_smile:

@jocrafts and @SnailMail42 what bad luck! Feel free to send me a message with your address if you’d like me to send you a card :slight_smile:

I’d like to attend :slight_smile:

1 Like

For WPD & PostCrossing meetup newbies, what kind of activities can we expect? What kinds of things do people swap & collect?

As an aside, I went to an antique store the other day that had vintage-looking unused and used postcards. I felt like I should pick some up for this meet, but there were so many and I didn’t know what would be collectible or worthy of swapping. I’m completely fresh on this lol!

We will start by all signing/stamping the meetup cards. Once that’s been done, and they’re dry, we can divide them up amongst whoever would like to purchase some (they will be 25c each, cash only). Then we can spend some time writing them, either to people you know, as swaps, or as official Postcrossing cards.

You’re also welcome to bring additional cards to swap with other participants in the meetup. This will be informal, and can be organised while we are signing the cards.

It’s just a great opportunity to hang out with some other Postcrossers, and talk all things postcards, and stamps, and find out that there are other people as into postcards as you are! You might make some new friends, especially if you continue to attend meetups in this area.

See you next week!

2 Likes

I would like to attend. My husband will be in Indianapolis for a conference. I was supposed to go to the Montreal meet up. My question is could I possibly bring my Montreal meet up cards? I will also buy the Indianapolis meet up cards :wink:

2 Likes

Oups, forgot to say, I would like 20 postcards please. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @lbp1961 and @sakshamio , thanks for RSVPing.
I don’t see a problem with your bringing cards from your other meetup.

See you both soon!

1 Like

I’m excited! Thanks!

We are getting close to the date, so exciting!
See you soon!!

1 Like

Does anyone want to trade cards with me? I will be at the Washington DC meetup.

Hello :slight_smile: I’ve already RSVP’d but I would like to bring a plus one. Would that be ok? Also, should I let you know how many cards I would like?