19 August 2023 - Postcrossing meet-up in Zatonie Ducal Park/Zielona Góra

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Zielona Góra, Poland
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Café Orangerie, Zatonie Ducal Park (Park Książęcy Zatonie)
:calendar: DATE: 19th August 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:30 a.m. (Polish time zone)
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

We would like to invite you to the Postcrossing meetup in Zatonie - the district of Zielona Góra!

The meetup will take place on August 19th 2023 in Zatonie Ducal Park (Pol. Park Książęcy Zatonie).

Address: Zatonie-Księżnej Doroty 2, PL-66-004 Zielona Góra

Zatonie Ducal Park is a 52-hectare landscape park and one of the favourite weekend destinations of Zielona Góra’s residents. The main attractions of the park include the preserved ruins of the 17th-century palace, the rebuilt orangery with a café and the beautiful Rose Temple.

The history of the palace-park complex is strongly associated with Duchess Dorothea de Talleyrand-Périgord who contributed to the development of Zatonie, and became the most famous figure related to this place. After the visit of the King Frederick William IV in 1841, the Duchess of Dino made a decision concerning the reconstruction of the palace and the extension of the garden in order to, as she mentioned in her diary, “make it really impressive and grand.”

Unfortunately, after the Second World War, the palace and other buildings were burnt down and the deserted territory gradually lost its appeal. However, thanks to the endeavours of the local community, it was restored to its former glory. After the revitalisation completed in 2020, the 52-hectare palace-park complex constitutes an unique attraction of Zielona Góra.

The date of the meetup is not accidental.
On August 21st 1793 Duchess Dorothea de Talleyrand-Périgord was born and the meeting is organised to commemorate the Duchess and celebrate the 230th anniversary of her birthday!

The meeting plan is as follows:
:point_right: signing/stamping our postcards
:point_right: chatting with other postcrossers,
:point_right: ordering something at the café,
:point_right: a walk around the park (if the participants are willing to)

Practical infos:

You can get to the park:
:white_check_mark: by car: the carpark is located near the tourist information office (Zatonie-Księżnej Doroty 3)
:white_check_mark: by bus from Zielona Góra interchange station, situated next to the main railway station. You have to take the bus nr 30B and get off at the “Zatonie Parkowa” bus stop.

Unfortunately, in Zatonie there is no post office, so if you want to send some postcards, you have to bring your own stamps.

6 Likes

I will be glad to exchange ))
https://vk.com/album20733835_278691001
https://vk.com/album20733835_278769494
If my links never open, then I can offer Stavropol counter postcards and many other topics for exchange: foxes, bears, cities, food, flowers, birds, owls, wine Stavropol, famous personalities, characters and more.

1 Like

Looking for this amazing postcard :heart_eyes:, here is my offers TanyaKuklina | Zonerama.com

I would like to swap this meetup-postcard.

Please send me your wishes for return :slight_smile:

greeting
Ingrid