18 November 2022 - Meet-up honouring Yuri Knorozov’s life and work in deciphering Maya script

:world_map: CITY/REGION: St.Petersburg
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: at first Finlandsky railway station, train to Kovalyovo cemetery, and after that - @pathetiquejazz’s apartment
:calendar: DATE: 18 November 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: As it will be 100 years since his birthday, we’ll take a train to Kovalyovo cemetery and visit Knorozov’s burial site to pay respects and lay flowers on his grave. After that we’ll take a train back to St.P. to return to @pathetiquejazz’s apartment, to watch a documentary about Knorozov and to sign postcards.

Please note that you may join at whichever stage you want. If you only want to sign postcards, or, for example, only want to visit the cemetery, that’s fine. Please notify me when you would like to join/leave.
The amount of guests I’m able to host equals to amount of seating places I have with access to the table to sign postcards at.

Yuri Valentinovich Knorozov (19 November 1922 – 31 March 1999) was a Russian linguist and ethnographer, who is renowned for the pivotal role his research played in the decipherment of the Maya script, the writing system used by the pre-Columbian Maya civilization of Mesoamerica.

The special issue stamp we will use for inspiration for our postcard:

Maya glyphs:

The special postcard we’re going to print will be post a bit later (very soon :slight_smile: ).

3 Likes

I want this meet up card is this available?? Because I cant attend the meet up, Im from India. If its okay we can swap. This is my first experience here. Can anyone send this cards to me please?

The postcard:

ищу 🇷🇺ОБМЕН – 253 Bilder | VK

Ищу обмен!

@AnStorm @Alek_Loner
Пожалуйста, поищите обмен в вк в комментах под этим постом: Завтра днём (да-да, в будний день, прямо днём!.. | Встречи посткроссеров в Санкт-Петербурге | VK