17 March 2024 - "Hello, Spring!" & "Maslenitsa" Meetup in Volgograd

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Volgograd, Russia
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Volgograd Regional Library for Youth, Cherepovetskaya str., 1
:calendar: DATE: 17.03.2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12.00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
In Russia, it is customary to celebrate Сat day on the first day of spring – March 1. This touching holiday appeared in 2004 thanks to the Moscow Museum of Cats and the editorial office of the magazine “Cat and Dog”. It was they who organized the celebration dedicated to fluffy purrs for the first time. Since then, all owners and cat lovers celebrate it every year. March is generally traditionally considered cat month.

And in March we celebrate Maslenitsa. The Russian winter is so severe that there is a separate holiday to spend it. One of the main attributes of the holiday is round ruddy pancakes, symbolizing the sun, which is so lacking in the cold season.

We plan to get together on the last day of Maslenitsa week (17 of March), eat pancakes, drink tea from a real samovar with a tea master and sign wonderful postcards.

4 Likes

Ciao;
my name is Maria Teresa and I write from Italy. I collect cat postcards and these cards are beautiful; i would love to have them! Who wants to swap with me write to me; I have lots of postcards for exchanges, tell me what theme you are looking for.
Thanks and I hope someone writes me.
Greetings
Maria Teresa

1 Like

Очень мне нужны открытки с масленницей, если хотите обмен напишите мне пожалуйста в лс

Hello! Have you already found these swaps?

Ciao,
no, unfortunately not. If you want to swap with me, write me a PM and I will be very happy to exchange with you.