17 December 2022 - Meetup and Secret Santa Aurora

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Aurora, CO
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Stanley Marketplace
:calendar: DATE: 17 December 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1100
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Secret Santa exchange is now closed (If you are late to seeing the meetup info, let me know. I still may be able to pair you with someone depending on how many people come into this late), sign meetup cards, exchange postcards and hang out!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thank you to everyone who made it out to our last official Postcrossing meetup in Aurora. We had such a great time I decided to set another one up! This meeting will take place in Stanley Marketplace in front of Rolling Smoke BBQ across from Trunk Nouveau and Mr. B’s Wine and Spirits, the place we held the meetup in October. In conjunction with the meetup, we will also be doing a fun, postcard and stationery (washi tape, stickers, envelopes, pens, etc.) themed Secret Santa, you can even throw some cozy items in as well, for example: socks, candles, tea, hot chocolate, etc.! The max you can spend on your gift(s) will be $20. To help me set you up with your secret Santa, please send me a message with the following questions answered:

Name:
Your favorite part of the Holidays:
Favorite types of postcards to send and receive:
Favorite washi tape designs:
Do you like to use new stamps, vintage stamps or a mix of both?
Favorite colors:
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
Favorite scent:
Allergies (Just in case!):
Anything you would like to share with your Secret Santa:

Secret Santa info has been sent out!

For this meeting (as requested) postcards will be priced as the following…I ordered 250 postcards, priced at $0.20 a piece. Below is the postcard proof:

What will we be doing?

• Spending time with awesome, like-minded people from our Postcrossing community!
  • Swapping postcards and signing our meetup cards!
  • Presenting our gifts for Secret Santa!
  • Share our Postcrossing stories over some delicious foods from the local foodie spots in the marketplace and exchange postcards.

Items to bring to the meetup:

1. Postage stamps
  2. Postcards to exchange/send out after meetup
  3. Rubber stamps/pen/markers to sign meetup cards
  4. Washi tapes, stickers, fun decorations for your cards
  5. Envelope/folder to safely bring your meetup cards back home
  6. A jacket! It can get cold in the marketplace.
  7. Don’t forget your secret santa gift!

Members who participated in the last meetup 29 October 2022:

@snailmailkait
@LeftyLydia
@Paula7373
@ShadZ & Beth
@EJGorski
@Pstcrdldy
@Honalee
@Cachefan

Members participating in the 17 December 2022 meetup:

@snailmailkait
@Cachefan
@Mopothoper
@LeftyLydia
@ShadZ & Beth
@Honalee
@TallJTallA
@DaniGeek
@carpediemkath
@Pstcrdldy
@EJGorski
@moxymaven
@yobriannas

12 Likes

Oh how cool. Too bad I live so far away. Anyone want to trade meeting postcards with me?

2 Likes

Count me in! It’s on my calendar. I’ll send you a message with my answers.
Looking forward to it!
Cachefan/Joan

1 Like

Hi, Kaitlyn!
I would love to attend.
Mopothoper (Tammy in Elbert, CO)

1 Like

Hi Tammy! We would love for you to attend! I received your message, thank you! :hugs:
I will message everyone their secret santa partner info two weeks before the meetup :hugs:

I love to swap your cards

Hi Desiree!
I’m not sure which cards will be selected quite yet for the meetup. Check back with us closer to the date! :hugs:

Hi everyone, I would very much like to exchange a postcard from your meetup (they are all beautiful, any postcard will be very welcome), I have some of the Italian meetups and I also have other generic postcards.
If you want, send me a PM.
:heart_eyes:

We (me and Beth) will be there!

The postcard I like best is Christmas Theme #1

1 Like

Hello. I really want such beauty in the collection. I want to exchange :heart_eyes:
my postcards for exchange are here
на обмен / swap – 231 Bilder | VK - rest
Встречные на обмен – 24 Bilder | VK - meetups
SWAP - Мои авторские открытки на обмен – 38 Bilder | VK - my arts

I’d like to attend. I’ll send my secret Santa answers as a pm. :cook: My favorite card has the cookie. My 2nd favorite is the new year card.

1 Like

Wow I’d like to swap the second card with an Italian card if it is possible :smiley:

Hi, @Emchen
I’ll send you the card from our previous meet up if you are interested. I have your address from many themes rr.

1 Like

Really? Thank you very much

1 Like

Greetings from Postcrossing home country.
Anyone interested to swap?
Thank you.

1 Like

Hello, I will be there. I will DM you the info you have requested. Thanks so much for organizing this!
Karen (Honalee)

1 Like

Thank you very much.

I’m planning to be there. Thank you Kaitlyn! I’ll send my answers tomorrow.

1 Like

Hello! Is it possible to swap this beautiful card? I am from Poland. Best, Joanna

I would swap your cards