15 April 2023 - Champaign-Urbana Central Illinois Meet-up

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Caffe Benne, Urbana; there are two Caffe Benes, we will meet at the one on Gregory and Nevada
:calendar: DATE: April 15, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00am CST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet other Postcrossers and chat!

I will be working on a couple of postcard designs specifically for this meetup, most likely UIUC/Illinois/Spring-based. Let me know if you’re a local artist and want to make a meet-up card!!

10 Likes

Hey there. I am from Indiana and I am thinking about coming to this. I have not been to a meetup before, but this one seems like the closest to me. I’m hoping to be able to come :relaxed:

5 Likes

Hi! I’m also in Indiana and would love to come! I have it on my calendar. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yay! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m in CU and would love to participate as long as I’m free (the kiddos have archery tourneys on the weekends in spring usually)!

-karla

1 Like

Hi all, I noticed the event name and the date listed in the event details are both different. Will the event be on the 15th or the 16th? Thanks!

1 Like

Omg thank you so much for noticing. It’s the 15th!

1 Like

The address is
700 S Gregory St, Urbana, IL

I’m so excited for this! I’ve always wanted to go to a meet-up!

1 Like

Hello! I am excited to see a meet-up close to me. I am from Indiana and my sister (also a Postcrosser) and I are going to come to your meet-up. It is on our calendar!!

I’m going to try to make it, my granddaughter is at the U of I it would make a nice trip.

UIUC alum here! Going to try to come to this. I always love an excuse to come back to Champaign :slight_smile:

Good morning y’all. I’m from Bloomington-Normal myself but I’d love to come to something like this. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve never been to one of these before, but I’ve always wanted to go to one. It’s a bit of a drive but I’d love to try attending.

UPDATE
There is not a reserved table for us (they don’t do reservations on weekends), but the owner said it would be perfectly fine for all of us to come and do Postcards at the cafe as long as we buy a drink or snack too.
Also, I am working on making a postcard design. I’ll likely give a few out and sell the others.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what is happening in C-U that weekend? Hotel rooms are booked!

It’s moms weekend. That moght be it :woman_shrugging:

I have it on the calendar. Looking forward to the event. There will be 2 of us.

I hope to attend. :slight_smile:

My lucky day! I am going with friend to Mom’s weekend. I know she will indulge me… So excited to meet up!