14 May 2022 - Come to a Champaign-Urbana meetup, for Postcrossing discussion?

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Aroma Cafe- 6 East Taylor Street, Champaign, IL, 61820
:calendar: DATE: May 14th, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11 am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet in front of the cafe, by the doors, around 11 am.

5 Likes

I would love to come to the meetup. If you need any help with anything, I don’t live too far away in a Peoria!

1 Like

Hello. If you want to, you can always send me a message on my Postcrossing account, which is ALaurenLB. I am going to the meetup for sure, please just bring yourself, and maybe some postcards that you have received if you want. I am excited to see you in May, and hopefully we’ll have a good time with coffee and postcards.

Always,
Lauren B.

1 Like

Hey I am also a UIUC student. Let’s go!!!

1 Like

Hello . You can leave a message about the Meetup on this board, or you can message me directly on my Postcrossing account. My tag name for Postcrossing.com is ALaurenLB. Hope to see you at the Champaign May Meetup.
-Lauren B.

Would anyone be able to send me a postcard from this meetup?
My daughter used to live in Champaign, now Urbana, and I would love a card from this meetup.

Please let me know and I may be able to send you one from San Diego.

~Maggie

1 Like

I can try to remember to send you a card from this meetup. I am not sure where to buy them from up there though, but I will do my best.

Are we all still planning to meet?

Hello. Yes, we are for sure planning to meet. I hope to see you at the meetup.

Hello- On the postcrossing site it shows this meet up on April 14, when you click on it May 14 shows as the date. Is it May 14? Thanks! Katherine

Hello. The meetup is on May 14th. Hope to see you there.

1 Like

Hello I plan to attend! FYI Here in Springfield, Illinois we are planning a our Bi-Annual Meetup April 24, 2022 please feel free to spread the word
10-1pm
Washington Park Pavilion
1501 S Grand Ave W, Springfield, IL 62704
(MOPAR) Chad Payne
(3) Postcrossing Meetup Springfield Illinois USA | Facebook

2 Likes

I am going to mark my calendar! Been trying to attend one and possibly plan one near my town in the future! Super excited!

I can’t make this one, but the campus store at UIUC sells postcards. I think they were around 70 cents each last time I went. There is also a place called The Idea Store, which has a nice selection of old postcards (both written and unwritten) for 25c each. Have fun!

I’m in Peoria too! My best friend lives in Chambana, so this is a possibility…

My bestie lives in Ivesdale and whenever I visit, she takes me to a bunch of cute boutique shops in Monticello that might have postcards. Would you like one from the general area, even if it isn’t directly Champaign?

Hi! I’m just confirming that this is still happening on Saturday. I hope so, but I’ll be coming from Peoria so wanted to make sure before I head out. Thanks!

Yes, the meetup is still happening, if there is rain, I will meet people inside Cafe Aroma around 11 am… If there is not rain, I will meet people outside first, then we can decide if we want to meet inside or outside for the meetup, at Cafe Aroma ( 11 am)

1 Like

Sweet! I’m looking forward to meeting everyone. :slight_smile:

Will also be coming from Peoria!

1 Like