14 January 2023 - Livingston Meetup: Northern NJ (Essex County)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Livingston, Northern NJ, Essex County
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: The Twisted Tulip Café, Livingston, NJ
Accessible from NYC via Coach USA Route 77 (comes straight into town), or there’s also the train into Newark Penn and then the Bus 73 to Livingston, NJ.
:calendar: DATE: January 14, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10am-2pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

• Order a drink and a pastry and settle down for some fun conversation!
  • Postcard trade/swap (bring your own and take some home)!
  • Souvenir postcards from the meetup, from New Jersey and maybe NYC if I can swing it!
  • End the afternoon with photos and new plans for another meetup in the area if there is interest!
7 Likes

Count me in im interested :slight_smile: im from Union Co :slight_smile:

@erinlovesmail & I might be interested in coming down for one

1 Like

I’m totally interested. Missed the one in south Jersey because I had a commitment

1 Like

I may be interested but depends where it would be held in Essex County. I live in Astoria, Queens and work most weekdays and Sunday mornings. I collect stamps and coins too as well as enjoy a thoughtful postcard.

One idea to consider — I could help with a larger NJ-NY postcrossing meet where we have one day in New Jersey and then I could help show people around a few great postcard shops in NYC and my area of NYC - Astoria/LIC Queens. Maybe this idea could be saved for later in the year when the weather is consistently pleasant. Also we could target the spots to visit in NYC. As for great stores selling postcards, there is an excellent poster store and postcard seller in Chelsea (8th Ave in the 20’s), parts of Times Square and around The Empire State Building have good tourist postcard shops, in my area of Astoria there are two shops with excellent postcards and a few museums selling nice postcards from the gift shops.

But for the tentative meet-up on Dec 10th, let me know the location, basically anything that is accessible to public transport would be ideal for me.

4 Likes

@outofpost o great!! :slight_smile: ill be there would there be meet up cards to buy?

1 Like

There should be! This is my first time organizing so there may be a few hiccups, but I’m designing the cards and having them printed soon!

1 Like

@outofpost ok when they are done let me know ill be interested in some :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m planning to attend. I’m having a medical procedure done the day before so there is a small chance I’ll have to bail, but I don’t forsee that happening.

I’m always up for a meetup; same here, so long as nothing family-related comes up. Thanks for the heads up!

I’m in on Meetup Cards, too. Please keep us posted

1 Like

Sadly I can’t make this, but I’d be interested in meet-up cards seeing that I’m in NJ right now.

Will do! I’m not the best graphic designer but I’m doing my best, haha.

1 Like

Yay!! Awesome thank you for saying yes! And I’m the same way - hopefully nothing family-related comes up but so far, we’re in the clear!

3 Likes

I’d love to send you some cards when they’re done!

Let me know if you’d like some help with it, I enjoy working with graphics and have some art background.

hi, can’t wait to come and meet everyone! Let me know if you need any help with anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t make it on a Sunday. Would have loved to attend

I cannot do Sundays as well, so my plan is a Saturday late morning to early evening - like 11am-3pm!

1 Like

@outofpost just keep us updated :slight_smile: i can only do weekends as i work during the day