13 January 2024 - Philly Pen Show - Philadelphia, PA

Cool! Would love to see what you do with it!

Btw count me in on the Meetup; not sure if I said so earlier.

1 Like

Hello @VitaLynne great questions.

Hello my friend and I are interested but will depend on weather. I’ll confirm when it’s closer to the date.

1 Like

Very interested! Please mark me down! I’m a 30 minute drive from Philadelphia and have been Postcrossing for about 2 years. Haven’t been to a meet up yet.

1 Like

Hi, count me in for the meetup! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am in! Looking forward to seeing everyone-- both old friends and new!

3 Likes

Definitely interested in this meet up! Hopefully weather holds up lol. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Interested! Will be my first Philly Pen show.

2 Likes

never been to a pen show, but i will be visiting my friend in the city in january! count me in!

1 Like

I’ve put it on the calendar - like others - weather depending! Thanks for planning this!

2 Likes

Hi everyone!! The website has not been updated yet, so I am still unsure how much the entry tickets are! I will update this post ASAP when I find out :slight_smile:

On a separate note, I will try to be at the hotel early to get us a table in the lobby! I am also considering making reservations at a nearby restaurant (in case the hotel lobby gets busy and crowded) for the meetup/ signing of postcards.

Update:

• Option 1: City Tap (Logan Square) is willing to reserve high-top tables for us! This is about a 5 min walk from the hotel. Might get a bit loud and this is not a private space.
  • Option 2: Con Murphy has a private space for our group. I can put a deposit down for this, which goes toward our final bill if we get food and drinks. 3 min walk from the hotel!
3 Likes

Based on the last 5-6 years, pre-ordered day passes online should be around $13/day and $35/weekend pass. It’s probably more at the door.

I’m finally confirmed! Can you please put me down to buy 40 meetup cards?

Looking forward to our annual meetup! :smile:

1 Like

How much do you think that will be? I found out with the July Meetup that some of our Postcrossers are on pretty tight budgets

1 Like

Do you mean for the private space at Con Murphy?
I might have explained this poorly. The deposit is used to reserve the space, and that deposit becomes our “credit,” which we can use to order food and drinks. I will pay for it as the meetup host, and I can use the deposit towards light apps (veggie crudite, cheese board, etc) for everyone, free of charge. If Postcrossers would like more food, they can order off the menu and pay for themselves! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

only 30min driving to central philly:) count me in!

1 Like

Hello all!! You may now purchase tickets for the Philly Pen Show!

Pre-order: $15 for Saturday only, or $50 for the whole weekend
$20 at the door!! (CASH ONLY!)
Remember, it is NOT REQUIRED to attend the Philly Pen Show to attend the meet-up!

https://phillypenshow.com/attendee-info/

For the meet-up, let’s meet at Con Murphy’s Irish Pub (Located in the Windsor Suites) at 5:30pm.
1700 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19103

• Tell the staff that you are with Postcrossing to be seated upstairs :slight_smile:
  • light appetizers will be provided (vegetable crudite and cheese platters - comes with candied walnuts!), free of charge for all Postcrossers! If you have any allergies, please DM me!! I will check in again when we get closer to the date.
  • Postcrossers can order and pay for more food.
  • There is a public parking garage located right next door to Con Murphy’s (with a discount for all Con Murphy’s guests with stamped validation). Saturday parking $6 (for up to 3 hours anytime)
7 Likes

Sounds great. Also happy to contribute to cost of space and will commit to ordering some food and drink to offset deposit. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Thank you for organizing @redpanda!

4 Likes

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your patience! :smiley:

This is the postcard design! I will take any and all constructive criticism haha :joy:

On a completely separate note, I have been planning something for quite some time now… I am applying for a pictorial postmark at USPS! You can design a pictorial postmark and ask USPS to “host” the postmark handstamps at a specific post office. Usually, individuals request pictorial postmarks to commemorate conferences, events, etc (for free!). If my request and design gets accepted, anyone around the country can get the postmark via Mail-back service, OR in-person if you are in Philly!

If you would like to learn more about applying for pictorial postmarks, please view this link!

8 Likes

All of this is amazing! I’m really looking forward to the event. Please let us know the cost of the space and apps, I’d love to contribute as well! I can’t wait to see everyone :tada:

2 Likes

Cute card! Can I order 15? Let me know the cost

2 Likes