12 March 2023- First Canadian GO Train meet-up

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Aldershot, Ontario
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: GO Train
:calendar: DATE: Sunday March 12
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11am EST please check new schedule 11:35 train from Aldershot!
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

We are going to try something crazy…
Let’s have a meet up on a train!
We’ll do it on a Sunday, so hopefully it’s not too busy. We’re going to ride the GO train from Aldershot station to Ajax and then back again
Anyone is welcome to join us anywhere along the route.
We will be on the 11:35 train from Aldershot, making all nine regular station stops to Union station at 12:45, continuing eastbound at 12:50 making six regular station stops before arriving in Ajax at 13:36 then returning on the 13:48 train from Ajax back through Union station to Aldershot at 16:02

We will be in the TOP LEVEL OF THE FAR WEST END OF THE TRAIN
Each guest is required to purchase their own GO train fare. Weekend passes are available for $10 for unlimited full day ride online at GO transit website.

Guests are asked to have all postcards organized in their own package and limit to reasonable quantity, so we can keep track while the train is moving in case we don’t all get to sit exactly together.

11 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

@shelopolis YOU are so much fun‼️

1 Like

omg this sounds like fun! the transit nerd in me would love to try this out. i might be in town, that weekend and would love to attend :tram:

4 Likes

I’ve never been to one and this sounds so fun! I could probably join from Union and come back. I will check my schedule!!

2 Likes

I’m in. I asked for the day off.

2 Likes

everyone is welcome… just let me know, so I have some idea how many to expect!
I’ll be making cards & will need to know if you want any tooo :slight_smile:

great!
That was the idea, that anyone could join in along the route. Just let me know, so we can keep an eye open for you!
Cards are being ordered soon too. Let me know if you want any.

I’m in Montreal, but I’ll try to make it, this sounds fun!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it applies as much on weekends, but the top level of the GO train is usually considered a quiet zone for people to nap/read on during their travels. The bottom level/ mid-level (smaller area) is where people tend to chat more/talk on the phone. Since it’s not prime commuting hours I doubt anyone would say anything but just wanted to share from my previous GO train experience!

1 Like

We’re safe!

2 Likes

Awesome!!

Catching trains, writing cards - sounds like a fun ride! :grin: I am going to try my best to jump on at Exhibition GO.

2 Likes

wonderful!
it will be great to see you again… let me know if you would like some cards, I have designed two, they are 50 cents each :slight_smile:
S

1 Like

CARD ORDER MUST GO IN MARCH 1st

Please confirm attendance by then & contact for card details!

Sorry, I can NOT order extra cards for anyone NOT on the train :train2:

Hello Friend(s):
I’m new to the Postcrossing Community and to the Postcrossing meetup events. The GoTrain meetup sounds interesting, friendly, and fun to me, and at the same time I’m not sure of what to expect? Could you provide me with a little insight? I’m also curious about what cards are being ordered and purchased ahead of the event? Thanks so much! :upside_down_face:
Iain

Meet-up is just a simple get together, but this time we get together on a train!
I will print cards, or you can bring your own.
We try to sign every card and chat about postcrossing!

Thanks for the information. I may try to join the postcard party at Union Station. I’ll know better if I can closer to the date :blush:

1 Like

I’d love to attend! It’ll be my first meeting as well as my first time on a GO train, so that’s slightly nerve wracking :laughing: Would be joining at Union.

1 Like