12 February: Evening meetup in the Eternal City with sending from the Vatican (VA-...)

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Italy, Rome + Vatican, Vatican City
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Ponte Sant’Angelo, Roma.
:calendar: DATE: Satursday, Feb. 12th, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 16:00 (4 PM). Please, be on time.
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Need a weekend away :it: ? I do!
Let’s meet on the iconic Sant’Angelo Bridge in Rome and start a wonderful meetup in the Eternal City and the Vatican :it: :vatican_city:
This meetup was thought to be a relaxing experience through which combine a tour of the Italian capital to our passion for postcards. Bring who you love while doing what you like.
You can manage a Rome tour on your own in the morning, then come to the meetup and share this experience in the Vatican. No hurry, no stress. Enjoy the Italian dolce vita.

• What are we gonna do together:
    After meeting at Ponte Sant’Angelo, we are heading through a short yet much scenographic walk to Piazza San Pietro, the famous square of the Vatican City. On the go you can buy beautiful Roman postcards for as little as €0,20 !!
    Once in the Vatican, we’re buying some Poste Vaticane stamps and draw our addresses there, with the special (short) VA- code.

• After the meetup:
    Once we have our addresses drawn and our postcards written and signed, we’ll mail them in the local postbox. Afterwards, it’d be great and much of a Roman thing, to have a dinner together in some traditional and neat little restaurant in the most charming neighborhood of Rome, Trastevere, which is only 4 bus stops away.

• Anyone from any country is willingly invited. The more international, the better.

:warning: The Vatican City’s VA- code must be asked to the Postcrossing staff days earlier, so don’t forget to do so to get your special short VA- code on that day. If you don’t know how, please ask me in a message.
:warning: Bring your best mood and your warmest vibes only.

Hope to have many people there. See you on February 12th.

2 Likes

I will be glad to exchange))

Not a single person showed any interest, therefore the meet-up is cancelled.
If you’re in the city and wanna organise something anyway, send me a message and we’ll do it anyway :slight_smile: