10 October 2021 - Calgary Alberta Postcrossing meetup!

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Calgary, Alberta
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Bowness Park
:calendar: DATE: October 10, 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1 pm to 5 pm MDT

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:
Welcome to our beautiful Bowness Park on the banks of the Bow River. This will be an outdoor event with a shelter with tables in case of bad weather, so please dress accordingly. There will be a fire pit where we can safely socialize, and there will be BBQ pits so we can roast hot dogs perhaps.
Meetup postcards will be available, as well as International Postcard Day Postcards for sale while supplies last.
Lots of postcards to sign, share and trade.
This venue is family friendly, and pets are welcome. Lots of free parking!
Come for the Postcrossing meetup, and stay for the beautiful area in the heart of Calgary!
Looking forward to seeing everyone once again!

2 Likes

The Calgary Postcrossing Meetup is next weekend, Oct 10, all are welcome! New and not so new Postcrossers, families and dogs in leashes!
There will be a swap table with plenty of international, Remembrance Day and assorted postcards!

Have fun :heart_eyes_cat:

Welcome to the Calgary and Area Postcrossing Meetup update!
The Calgary Postcrossing meetup is coming fast!! THIS Sunday from 1-5 ish or when they kick us out.
*This is a free event and new and more experienced are welcome to join in the fun.

I have had a few ideas that I would love your ideas on, especially from experienced meetup hosts.
*There will some local postcard designers who would love to supported in their business.
*There is be a sharing table, so feel free to bring a box of your postcards to pass on to others or swap.
*Everyone is welcome to sign and take home a couple Meetup cards to save as a souvenir or mail to friends. My suggestion is as a group to send to our Postcrossing friends, instead of folks getting 5 of the same card.
*We need some signage to guide us from the parking lot to our shelter. I am planning on Shelter #4.
*Tables will be covered with plastic and hand sanitizer will be available.

• The temp on Sunday will be a high of 14c, so dress appropriately. There are big fire pits with benches around them. We could do a hot dog/Smokie roast, please bring your own supplies.
    *Family friendly with washrooms and playgrounds. Dog friendly, and an On-Leash area.
  • No alcohol allowed.