10/01/2024: DeBary, Florida Meetup WPD

:world_map: CITY/REGION: DeBary, Florida
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: DeBary Public Library; 200 N Charles R. Beall Blvd; DeBary, FL 32713
:calendar: DATE: Tuesday, October 1, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5:00pm-6:30pm Eastern Time Zone
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: World Post Card Day Meetup

** 25 Spots available for this meetup **

What are we going to be doing?
• Spend time getting to know our fellow Postcrossers
• Share our Postcrossing experiences/stories
• Swap postcards
• Sign meetup postcards
• Write and send out as many postcards as we can!

The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of Postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow Postcrossers across the globe!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions):
-Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
-list of addresses to send too.
-Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!)
-Postcards to trade/swap
-Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
-Postcards you want to show off
-A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to postcrossing.com

MEETUP CARDS: I will have meetup cards printed prior to the meetup. (Follow this post for more additional information once I get the design and cost of printing)

If you are interested in ordering the cards, please comment below with how many you would like and order in multiples of 5 (5=$TBD, 10=$TBD, 15=$TBD, 20=$TBD, etc.). Please also indicate in the comment if you can pay via Paypal/Venmo or if you intend to pay in cash at the meetup (bring exact change). I will PM individuals with my Paypal/Venmo information. Orders for the cards will close on TBD 2024.

Raffle Prizes
Bring any cards, washi tape, stickers, pens, or any other kind of postcard writing supplies you no longer want or need. We will enter everyone’s name into a jar and pick names to grab a prize from the table.

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to bring a rubber stamp of your nickname, if you have one! :wink:

2 Likes

I just saw someone suggest bringing a small book that everyone can sign - like a “meet up book” that you keep! Everyone signs, stickers, washi tapes it, etc. How fun! I’ll be bringing my own notebook so I can do this!

1 Like

@StacieLove Here people, that have such notebooks and that attend many meetings also stick the meetup cards into the books.