10/01/2024: DeBary, Florida Meetup WPD

:world_map: CITY/REGION: DeBary, Florida
:round_pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: DeBary Public Library; 200 N Charles R. Beall Blvd; DeBary, FL 32713
:calendar: DATE: Tuesday, October 1, 2024
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5:00pm-6:30pm Eastern Time Zone
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: World Post Card Day Meetup

** 25 Spots available for this meetup **

What are we going to be doing?
• Spend time getting to know our fellow Postcrossers
• Share our Postcrossing experiences/stories
• Swap postcards
• Sign meetup postcards
• Write and send out as many postcards as we can!

The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of Postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow Postcrossers across the globe!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions):
-Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
-list of addresses to send too.
-Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!)
-Postcards to trade/swap
-Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
-Postcards you want to show off
-A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to postcrossing.com

MEETUP CARDS: I will have meetup cards printed prior to the meetup. (Follow this post for more additional information once I get the design and cost of printing)

If you are interested in ordering the cards, please comment below with how many you would like and order in multiples of 5 (5=$TBD, 10=$TBD, 15=$TBD, 20=$TBD, etc.). Please also indicate in the comment if you can pay via Paypal/Venmo or if you intend to pay in cash at the meetup (bring exact change). I will PM individuals with my Paypal/Venmo information. Orders for the cards will close on TBD 2024.

Raffle Prizes
Bring any cards, washi tape, stickers, pens, or any other kind of postcard writing supplies you no longer want or need. We will enter everyone’s name into a jar and pick names to grab a prize from the table.

:point_up: Please make sure to read the Meetup Guidelines before signing up for a meetup.

5 Likes

Don’t forget to bring a rubber stamp of your nickname, if you have one! :wink:

2 Likes

I just saw someone suggest bringing a small book that everyone can sign - like a “meet up book” that you keep! Everyone signs, stickers, washi tapes it, etc. How fun! I’ll be bringing my own notebook so I can do this!

1 Like

@StacieLove Here people, that have such notebooks and that attend many meetings also stick the meetup cards into the books.

This looks wonderful, Stacie. It will be my first Postcrossing meetup and I’m looking forward to it.
Is there a way I can contact you offline, or outside this post, to ask a couple questions? Do I need do anything besides clicking “Going” box at the top to make my reservation? Thanks for setting this up!
Annie

1 Like

I would like to attend this event… I am located out of Tampa.

1 Like

WooHoo!! Can’t wait…my very first meet up! Let us know when you decide on the postcard design. Also, are we sending the postcards to addresses we get on Postcrossing? I dont know the specifics of a meetup. Thanks, Marj

1 Like

I have a college student creating it and gave her until August 1st to finish. As soon as I get it back, I’ll post it and everyone can figure out how many they want to order! The postcard is based off of DeBary, so it will feature the DeBary Dinosaur, tourist wearing Mickey Mouse ears taking photos of it and a spacex rocket shooting across the sky! lol!

3 Likes

Perfect!!! See you October 1st!

1 Like

I love that Dinosaur!!! And rockets!!
Now do we send these cards to people we get addresses for off Postcrossing…or send them yo friends or both?

I would try to time out sending postcards so you can pull a few names on 10/1. That will earn you the “WPD” badge on your profile. You can mail your cards to whoever you want but I would pull at least one person off of postcrossing on 10/1.

I plan to stop sending cards about 09/10 so that I can pull ten on 10/1.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the info and tips!! Im so new to this, I need all the help I can get.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Marj

1 Like

I will look forward to this! Please let me know how much the meet-up postcards will cost. Cheers, Cindysh

1 Like

Awesome! I attended my first and so far only postcrossing meetup a few years back and loved it. I’m looking forward to attending this one :smile:

Hello can we swap

I am so excited for my first meet up :smiley:
Count me in to buy 10 postcards.
Thanks so much!

I will plan on attending and would like to order 10 of the postcards.

Hi everyone! So excited to see people wanting to come! I got a quick sketch (she sketched it out before she works on creating it). of the postcard and I think it’s going to be adorable!

Hello all! This would be my very first Meetup in my 10 years of Postcrossing - I can’t wait! Please count me in for 10 postcards to send!

Hi,I just joined post crossing today and mailing my first card. I am visiting my sister in Canada and attended a post crossing met up with her.! I’m excited to get posts from neighbors all over the world. please sign me up for 0ct 1 meet up .thx u.