1 October 2023 - WPD Meetup in Ann Arbor, MI

Would anyone coming to this have interest if I organized a meetup to send postcards from Hell?

Could be fun to try and time something around Halloween, but that might be a bit soon!

2 Likes

Sounds fun; I sent some cards from there last August and everyone who received one loved them; I was meaning to head there again some time this year but had forgotten.

Note that cellular data signals might be bad there (but the post office has a wifi signal).

If I recall correctly, they arenā€™t open year-round. Last August, it was uncomfortably humid there despite the actual temperature being fine. I thought they closed after September for some reason, but it also doesnā€™t make any sense for them to not be open until at least Halloween. Hell, MI will probably be swamped on the weekend before Halloween and Halloween itself (and also on the 13th, which is a Friday). Something like the 21st or 22nd might work though?

Someone should probably call them to ask them about their hours in October though.

1 Like

Iā€™m really wanting to go, but am currently a maybe. Iā€™ll try my best to make it!

Iā€™m open to exchanging!

I canā€™t make it today! Stupid migraines, I called it. Have a great time, everyone! Iā€™ll hope thereā€™s a next year and I will try to make it then. :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who came out! We had 22+ attendees, who have collectively sent more than 10k postcards. Amazing!

Thanks for organizing this @lisibit !!! It was so wonderful meeting everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear @lisibit and :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thank you to everyone who signed this card.
I hope you had a nice day. :postcrossing: