1 October 2023 - World Postcard Day - Štramberk

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Štramberk
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: fountain on the square
:calendar: DATE: 1. October 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12:00 - Central European Time
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Let’s get together again and celebrate World Postcard Day. :slightly_smiling_face:
We are sitting on Štramberk Square by the fountain. Then we go to the ruins of Strallenberg Castle with a cylindrical tower called Trúba, which is 40 m high and serves as a lookout tower. From the walls and the tower itself, you have a beautiful view of the countryside, the surrounding villages and the town. There are many interesting places to visit in Štramberk.
Finally, we will meet in a restaurant where we will exchange and sign postcards.

8 Likes

Hello @mirunka, are there city buses from Ostrava to Štramberk? Which bus number/direction I should take from the Central Bus Station?

Cześć, @water_and_fire!

I have found this connection

There are also trains, but it’s a bit longer walk ~1.5km from the train station to the center.

You can use IDOS app (mobile, web) to search for the connection. I am sure that there will be some connection, bud I would check it - say - 2 weeks before the meet-up, because the timetable may change.

1 Like

Hello, from the bus station there is connection 641 to Příbor and then there is a train to Štramberk. Or take the train from the main station.

1 Like

Thank you a lot, @Jezo and @Mirunka ! I think I will test this connection during summer to learn it and to be ready for shorter days of October :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great idea! Štramberk is definetely a place worth visiting, not only for castle and the old town, but also for Šipka cave, lookout tower at Bílá hora etc. etc. If you are into technics, don’t miss Tatra museums in Kopřivnice. Well, this is a bit off-topic, but it might help to invite others.

2 Likes

Jezo a ty se přidáš k nám? :slight_smile:

@Mirunka I can’t tell whether I will attend or not, it’s too far in advance, but I would like to :wink:

Hi!
Please count me in! I will be there with my husband. Do you plan to prepare special postcards for this event?

Hello, are there any travellers using public transport this Sunday from Ostrava or family/group travelling by car that can take additional person (I will share the cost)? I’m going solo from Poland, my mobile internet doesn’t work abroad so I would appreciate the chance to join fellow postcrossers. It’s a bit scary to go on my own completely. Any Silezian people from Katowice etc.?

Could someone confirm that the meetup is not cancelled?

I’m not going as nobody was ready to take me onboard their car or join efforts to get there via public transport. One lady from Poland contacted via PM just said they are going with their husband and… that’s it. Maybe next time :frowning: (quoting the Witcher). Frustrated and sad :frowning: What happened with friendliness and community-feeling? I’m not dangerous, just a book translator, nothing to be afraid of

It’s a pity, because Štramberk is a nice town.

It is not cancelled.

Have a nice time tomorrow

Thank you. Thank you. Maybe at a reunion next year? It’ll be somewhere in Ostrava.

1 Like

Thank you @Tajaaa for the card.