1 October 2023 - Niagara Falls World Postcard Day

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Niagara Falls, Ontario, CANADA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Niagara Lions Club Hall

4981 Drummond Rd, Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6E2

:calendar: DATE: Sunday, October 1, 2023 - WPD!!
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11am EST

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Third annual Niagara Falls WPD meet-up!
The hall does have a rental fee, so it will be $10 per person to cover that cost, but there will also be raffle prizes to celebrate postcards, Postcrossing & World Postcard Day!

*** update from reply found below***
The Countdown is on!
Looking forward to seeing everyone on SUNDAY!!

Some small details… dinner reservations are made for Saturday at Como, if you need details, please send me a PM

Sunday, bring your own lunch, snacks & drinks…

nearby…
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Y7vZksYon2Gqcwwx8
Sorrento Bakery for freshmade deli sandwiches
or
Tim Hortons https://maps.app.goo.gl/Eoo6e48mXGLK2aQj7

Can’t wait for this party to begin!!

Cards are designed & posted below… if you plan to make a design, please let me know ahead of time <3.

This is the message I’ve been sending to people who already expressed interest…

Thanks for your interest in the Niagara Falls World Postcard Day meet-up. I look forward to seeing you October 1st at the Lions Club Hall.

I just wanted to reach out about a couple of things to help me better organize the event that is growing to be something big and exciting!

The hall has a fee, so each person is asked to contribute $10 to cover

You will need to bring your own lunch, snacks & drinks, but all of those things are OK to consume in the Hall

Please see designs in the Forum listing (below)… Card #1 blue-ish design, Card #2 green-ish design and the Official design winner. cost of cards is $0.25-$0.50 to cover cost of printing.

Postcards are available NOW
there are some of these three designs still available
Please send a message Shelopolis (me) to order cards ASAP.

Saturday night dinner reservations will be made shortly!
Everyone is welcome, but I do require RSVP to make a reservation for the correct number of guests. (I will bring any pre-ordered cards to dinner so you can organize ahead of the meeting).

So far, I have about 30 guests from 4 countries… 2 provinces, 4 states… can’t wait to celebrate World Postcard Day!

15 Likes

I will be attending!
Rosie T1

2 Likes

I plan to be there!

2 Likes

Welcome to Postcrossing @Heydee lovely to meet you!
All meet-ups are a little different, but here it’s usually a bunch of us gathered in the hall to sign some specially designed cards and chat about all things postal related. Maybe we could do a pot-luck lunch this year…
I’ll try to have a little more information about activities closer to the event… I do a little draw for prizes to celebrate World Postcard Day and our get together. some of us stay over in Niagara Falls & hunt down the cheapest tourist cards around!
Look forward to meeting you in October!

2 Likes

Hello! I’m planning to join you from Rochester, NY. :mailbox_with_mail: :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Wonderful news!
Let me know if you need any local info…
Meet-up details will come closer to the date!

Please count me in! sulligeo from New Jersey. Hotel in Niagara Falls already booked. I’m psyched! Thank you.

4 Likes

Yay!
I’m excited to meet you (again?)
Let me know if you need any local info…
Meet-up details will come closer to the date :love_letter:

Yes, attending. Booked an AirBnB.
See you in October!
Barbara

2 Likes

Sounds interesting!
See you there!

Janine

2 Likes

I’m thinking about attending this event :slightly_smiling_face: Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

And I just booked my hotel room… I am now going!

2 Likes

Look forward to meeting you!
I will post more details soon…

I plan on driving in from Rochester, NY - just booked a hotel! Looking forward to the meetup.

3 Likes

Wow @shelopolis

It looks like you are getting a good turnout! So many Postcrossers coming from far away.

Impressive‼️

1 Like

Hello!

We will be arriving to Canada -to Toronto to be exact- from Finland, for the first time ever just one day before this meet-up. I would really want to attend this meet-up. I’ve been a Postcrossing member for 3,5 months, but I’ve not attended to any meet-up. Yet. We haven’t booked any accommodation yet, but very soon we’ll be on it. I wanted to ask if it’s possible you to count me in, although no reservation for a place to stay, yet again :slightly_smiling_face:?

Best regards,
Başak

1 Like

It will be wonderful to have you join us!
Please send me a PM if you have any questions!
Look forward to meeting you :love_letter:

1 Like

So far, these are two designs voted to be favourites!

Will be ordering after the results from the official design contest are revealed.

I prefer to take orders ahead so I have clear # for the order … Cards will be sold AT COST, which will depend on final quantity ordered.

6 Likes

Perfect! Thanks a lot! :star_struck:

-Başak

1 Like

Hi from Kansas! I decided to take a long weekend and head up this way to catch a baseball game in Toronto and some other history stuff on a bucket list. I’m looking forward to another Postcrossing meetup!

1 Like

Wonderful news!!
I look forward to meeting you.
Please feel free to ask, if you need any details.

Shelley