09 December 2023 - New York, NY Meetup

Thank you @logicoverflow for the fantastic meetup! I had a great time.

1 Like

Had a wonderful time yesterday! Thanks @logicoverflow
Wondering where we can find the group photo?

picture temporarily removed by moderator

3 Likes

Trevor thank you for uploading the group picture.

For everyone who showed up, I really would like to thank you for making the effort to come to NYC, both near and far! I know the streets of NYC during the holiday season can be quite chaotic, especially when it’s filled to the brim with tourist, compounded with thousands of SantaCon revelers walking around in a potential drunken stupor.

Everyone who came to the event walked away with some type of door raffle price. Extra thanks goes to Trevor, whose friend Chris, donated a 20 pack of NYC postcards, taken/designed him, and added to the door raffle prizes. Congratulations to those who won the trivia rounds as you earned First Day Covers of your choice. Big congratulations goes to the team who won with the highest amount of points and got the cool Yeti bottle with the event’s logo engraved on it.

If anyone at the event forgot to take a picture of the address list, DM me. I’ll send you the list. Note this is restricted to only those who were in attendance.

For those who signed up but weren’t able to make it, if you would like a single postcard with everyone’s stamps, DM your address, and I’ll send one to you. If you’re interested in buying blank cards, they’re 50 cents each, you can DM me your address, I can inform you of the total cost (cards + shipping [Priority Mail]), payment done via Venmo, and then I’ll ensure they’re on their way.

Next potential NYC event will be in May, confirmation to be given around February/March.

Here are some more pictures from the event. Thank you to Trevor for sending this over, and his mother, Leanne, for taking them.

pictures temporarily removed

5 Likes

A huge thanks to @logicoverflow for graciously hosting this meetup, and thanks to all of y’all for your parts in making it great!
I always enjoy Postcrossing meetups because it’s great to put names with faces and to celebrate our love of Postcrossing with each other. I’ve been to several meetups over the past few years and must say that this has been one of my favorites! Carlos has really raised the bar for what a successful meetup looks like, and I will be borrowing some of his ideas in the future! The paper sheet passed around to add signatures to as we signed postcards was very helpful so that we would all know who had signed each other’s cards. At the meetups in Houston and Dallas we frequently only get 5 people in attendance, which makes it very easy to make sure everyone has signed each card. Having many people in attendance can complicate this a bit, so having the sheet of paper in there was very helpful. I also really enjoyed the trivia games that Carlos set up and hope to include that in future meetups that I host, perhaps in the form of a Postcrossing-themed Jeopardy game or even a Kahoot game!
I also liked the meetup cards a lot, especially how they nicely match the fun Snow Globes stamps that the USPS issued this year.
Thanks to all for a great time, I hope to see each of you at more meetups in the future!

2 Likes

@Angelthepup22 and @logicoverflow
One of the posts showing pictures was flagged because of making them public.

Do you have the permission from all people on the photos to make them public?

I hide the pictures temporary and wait for your answer.

If you don’t have the permission please share them via PM, if everyone is fine with that.

You have my permission to share! I’d love for the photos to be PM’d if others would prefer for them to not be made public, please.

1 Like

Agreed ^^. And one would think the fact that we each chose to pose in it was a tacit acknowledgement it would be shared. Durr.

1 Like

We didn’t ask everyone to sign a waiver granting express written consent to have the photos shared online but when I said “I’ll post this under the meetup thread later” at the meetup, I didn’t hear any objections, which I took to mean that everyone was ok with it being posted.
I assume as a moderator you can see who flagged the photo, could you compare that username to the list of members who RSVPd to the meetup? Without revealing their identity of course. I think that if somebody who is in the photo is the person who flagged the post we should respect their wishes and can send the photos by PM. But if it was someone who had no involvement in the meetup and is just flagging photos to inconvenience people, I believe the photos should be unhidden due to us receiving implied consent to share the photos

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, it is a participant of the MeetUp and they asked for sharing the pictures via PM.

Alrighty then I suppose that settles that.
Meetup attendees- if you’d like the group photos from the event please drop a comment and someone will PM them to you

1 Like

I’d like the main group photo please. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes I’d like the photos please.

1 Like

I’d love the pictures from the meetup.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Great Meet-up! And yes, do PM me the photo.
Barb

1 Like

@BPLUM @marare @RockyRoadTrip @WalkinMomma
I sent them to each of you!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Can you pm the group picture to me too? Thank you.

1 Like

I would like the photos too, please!

1 Like

I’d like the photos, please. Thanks! ¡Gracias! Danke! :blush:

1 Like