Your favourite stamps from your country

In Russia, stamps like those are used for registered letters and parcels. I adore most of those stamps (I think I’ll show them here letter) but I can’t use them for my letters, that’s why I don’t buy them ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Generally Posti issues beautiful stamps and I have a lot of favourites.

These older Northern lights (from 2009) are absolutely amazing.

http://kuopassa.net/postimerkit/1966/revontulia-punainen-revontuli

Of newer stamps, I like these nature stamps. :heart:
https://verkkokauppa.posti.fi/PublishedService?pageID=9&itemcode=112744

3 Likes

As I promised, I share with you my favorite Russian of high value! I adore these stamps with famous writers! c: They not only have a high value, but they are also very big. So, it’s possible to use them only for parcels and (registered) letters in big envelopes. That year I received a big envelope with the “Ivan Turgenev” stamp from a local store with cute postcards and stickers*^*

And I also like that stamp:

But I don’t know if it’s big or not

23 Likes

These stamps have been in my stock ”forever” because I just don’t dare to use them:

36 Likes

<— my most favorite Danish stamp is this ladybug one I use for my avatar.
But I collect stamps, so I have a lot of favorites. Here is a small collection going back to the 70s:
aros

tree wire hand2 plant hand stik fem kat odder iris candleStamp

15 Likes

This stamp was awarded for the best design in the International competition
pretty like a swan

22 Likes

Slovene stamps can be a bit of hit and miss… Some are really amazing but others are really boring.
This one has been issued this year and I think it’s amazing. It’s also just the right value for a postcard!

This one presents Logarska valley, our most pristine Alpine valley.
logarska-dolina
And this one is really beautiful. It pays tribute to the victims of WW1 who died on the front. One of the most cruel fronts of the war was actually on the river Soča (or Isonzo as it is called in Italian).
100-obletnica-1-sv

11 Likes

My favourite stamp from Switzerland is this one, because it shows my village :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

Whoa! How cool to have a stamp that shows your village! :heart_eyes: If ours had one, I think I’d be using it all the time!

3 Likes

In Finland you can make stamps of your own photos, but it’s quite expensive. 10 stamps costs 27,00 euros. Heavy user of stamps (like me) can’t afford to make own stamps very often. Maybe in special occasions :blush:

1 Like

There are so many nice Finnish stamps that I like! I like snowflakes :snowflake: (there are at least three snowflake stamps), animals (e.g. Easter bunny stamp, puppy stamps in 2019, squirrel and hedgehog stamps this year), Xmas (e.g. Mauri Kunnas Santa stamps, Rudolf Koivu’s Snow Queen).

Picking up a favourite is really hard… Well, one of the Xmas stamps by Pirkko Vahtero in 1999 is simply gorgeous. I like hares, bullfinches are my favourite birds and the Lappish landscape is beautiful.

And I guess I will have to show this lovely Rovaniemi stamp. Santa is throwing powder snow in the air in snowy hill Ounasvaara, the centre of Rovaniemi glowing in the background:

19 Likes

My favourite German stamp of this year is the Sesame Street. It is so colourful and I just love childhood heroes on stamps. :grin:

My alltime favourite has to be this one:

23 Likes

I ordered these recently issued Ruth Asawa stamps from USPS as a bit of an afterthought, but was really taken by their subtle beauty when they arrived. Several people I’ve sent them to have also said how much they liked them.

19 Likes

These are some of my favourite stamps issued this year. I especially like the animal ones :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

26 Likes

I sent off for some more £1.45 stamps from Royal Mail, and these arrived today (!)

25 Likes

These are so cute! It’s hard to believe Rupert Bear is 100 years old this year.

Some stamps I like this year:

3 Likes

I didn’t realise that. I’ve just used the first two, and it was almost surreal to have to TEAR the stamp off and LICK IT! All the stamps I’ve used for the last N years have been self adhesive :anguished: Why don’t they make flavoured glue?

The first recipient was - :clap: :clap: - to a stamp collector :white_check_mark: :smile: I hope the card arrives.

There have been a few flavored stamps over the years, I remember a chocolate stamp from Belgium and a coffee one from India, at least. I’m not sure how true to the real flavor they were though… maybe someone from those countries can tell us! :yum:

2 Likes

My favourite stamp is one with painting “Eva” by Chaim Soutine from the series "Artists of the Paris school from Belarus" issued in 2015.

2020-11-05 201134

The image became very actual in my country in 2020. It is the most expensive painting in Belarus and it’s under arrest now for political reasons.
Fortunately stamp still can travel around the world.

12 Likes