Your favorite Hurray Messages

Hello all!

In my short time here, I always enjoyed getting Hurray emails with a message of my card match. It really makes my day when they tell me that they enjoyed the card, message or decoration.

Did you have any hurray message that made you especially happy/ grateful / emotional?

I’m excited to hear your stories.

29 Likes

I always love when they say they love my stamps and the washi tapes!! It makes me so happy when they notice the little details I put into all of my cards.

24 Likes

Not too long ago someone told me in the Hurray message that they actually cried a bit because my card made them so happy. I have received a few enthusiastic messages over the years, but this was a first and it brought me close to tears, too. :relaxed:

33 Likes

+1 to this - I appreciate when people notice my details.
Conversely, I try to notice the details others put into the cards they send me too.

8 Likes

One lady said the vintage stamps I used were great except that her mailman had put two lines across every one in thick black marker. She went on to tell me a long story about a bad encounter with her mailman and how he has been out to get her ever since. It was really funny and made my day. I mailed her the stamps again but in an envelope this time, safe from her mailman’s angry marker.

I get the same kind of message every once in a while from members in the USA, but never so endearing. I’ve gotten a few messages like: “Thanks for the card. The stamps would have been nice if they hadn’t been scribbled over with marker.” This really takes the wind out of my sails. I usually wonder why they’d even bother telling me. If I get a card with some damage, I never mention to the sender unless it was damaged in some crazy way that I think they’d be amused to hear about. Let them have that bit of happiness thinking I got a pristine card.

56 Likes

I always choose cards according to the wishes of the recipient and usually get very warm hurrays. I save them in a separate folder in my email inbox.

27 Likes

Saving them in a separate email folder is actually a great idea :slight_smile: i might start doing that too

15 Likes

yikes. especially if it’s the only thing they are saying. the other day i got a card where the stamp clearly got ripped of (totally, no stamp at all, but there was a postmark). i decided not to mention it, it would probably only make the sender feel bad.

i also got a card that was almost ripped in half and i did say that in my hurray message as i couldn’t read half the message. luckily that was the first and only time that ever happened.

generally i get quite short ‘thank you for your card, hope you are well’ hurray messages, but sometimes i ask a question on my card or we have something in common and i get a pretty long one. like when they tell me about all their pets. one time there was someone who said on their profile that they are a dogsitter so i wrote that i’m curious about some stories as i’m sure there are some great ones. well i got some stories, really made me smile.

oh and once i wrote about going to a louis concert. just felt like talking about it, they don’t mention anything on their profile about being a fan or anything. turns out that they are a one direction fan. that was an awesome coincidence (and one great message).

i know hurray messages are not required and i don’t expect long messages at all. sometimes i only say thank you as well, there isn’t always that connection that makes for a long message (and some people just want to write cards, which is fair). but it genuinely makes me smile when i get a long hurray message. probably means my card made them happy as well.

14 Likes

My fav hurray messages are the ones that have more than 3 sentences. And not only ‘Thank you for the postcard, happy Postcrossing!’.

21 Likes

It’s always nice to hear the card brought some type of cheer or made the day of the recipient. Also, I once sent a birthday postcard that arrived exactly on the day - that was pretty cool!
:sunglasses:

6 Likes

So do I! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I always try to do that as well! But sometimes people say that they would rather have received a postcard with the name of my country, then the one I did sent…. I found those messages kind of rude :see_no_evil:

15 Likes

You’re right. These people should not blame you. This is even against the principles of Postcrossing.

3 Likes

I love this beautiful thread! Thanks so much for asking this question!!

I have just looked back through my ‘hurrays’. There was a particular one I was searching for.
Searching was a lovely experience though because I have really received several wonderful, uplifting messages. They make me soooo happy, especially because I do try very hard to find something that I think the receiver will enjoy, and construct a message like that too.

This is part of one of my favourite hurrays though. The sender goes on to say much more, but then it would be identifiable, so I won’t do that.

27 Likes

There was once a woman wrote me a trip that my postcard reminded her of, I loved hearing how much she loved the trip.
And there was also a time when I recommended a book that I love and the person said that he had already read it and liked a lot, I was super happy :))

7 Likes

Ok - so I know that this would upset some folks but I got a Hurray! Message that was, “zzz” and that’s it. Which I had a really good laugh at. I am guessing it was a language issue. Anyway- it made me smile.

25 Likes

Perhaps the recipient fell asleep on the keyboard? :laughing:

16 Likes

Once I shared some phylosophical thoughts of mine about how I feel living in the north and how I try to find some beauty in it. I’ve never shared these kind of thoughts and wasn’t sure if they would be understood. Luckily, a person who received my postcard, sent me a very nice hurray message telling me it was a very special postcard for him, and that he “felt honoured” to have it. I was very happy to read it!

20 Likes

Always nice when the recipient replies to a question you have asked in the message. But I love the “It’s a favorite!” emails when someone likes a card. I look at their profile and they state they don’t like handmade cards. I paint all of mine! I think all cards are amazing! That little piece of paper has travelled the world!

11 Likes

My favourite hurray messages are ones which mention the stamps I use: I have such a humungous collection of them I can often forget which ones I put on which cards, but I do try and relate the stamps to the card and recipient! Especially when I’m able to send them a stamp which is particularly unusual, it fills me with joy.

9 Likes