This is a Round Robin for people who know or study languages, and for those who are just fascinated by languages!
- Anybody can join, but a member has to have at least 1 sent card in the official site.
- Each group has one member per country. Multiple members per language is allowed.
- You will write postcards in a non-English language. Naturally, no unwritten cards for this RR.
- You will send your cards within 2 weeks from the date you receive addresses.3 weeks for a challenge group (when you need to write in a language you don’t know).
- To join please click the blue reply square at the bottom of this page and post which group you’d like to join.
- Then send me your address via private message. DO NOT post your address in this topic. (click the “Rules” below). If your address has a Non-Latin format (such as Chinese and Russian), please provide both Latin and Non-Latin formats. This RR is for language lovers!
- Please post in this topic every time you send or receive a postcard for this RR.
Click the triangle arrows to see the details.
- Unless it is marked as “In English” or “English Translation requested” please do not write your postcards in English.
- It would be a nice gesture to check others’ profiles when selecting and writing cards, however, there is no obligations for senders to grant everyone’s wishes.
As long as postcards are not used or offensive, senders can decide which card to send.
- For regular groups, we assume you know the language a little bit at least.
- A group has 5 members, each from a different country.
If another person from a same country wants to join, I’ll be happy to create another group!
When a group is open for months it will be reduced to fewer members, each from a different county.
- You will send me your address only once when you join this RR for the first time (unless you sent it to me in 2017 or before, then please re-send it to me). If the address changed since the last time you had joined, please let me know. Thank you
If your original address is not in Latin alphabet (such as Chinese, Russian, Thai, etc), please give me the address in both English and non-Latin alphabet formats.
Please DO NOT post your address in this topic. Send the address via private message (click my name or my icon then click . Private message should have an envelope icon just like this → ).
- Unless a “reported cheater” you can join multiple groups at a time. If you did not send cards, you can no longer join us!
Regular & Special Group Menu
Regular groups : Everyone in the group write each other in one selected language (Chinese group, French group, etc). Send 4 cards in 2 weeks.
“Special group: Writer’s Chosen” : You will write cards in a language you have chosen and add English translation upon request. Send 4 cards in 2 weeks.
“Special group: Write about ~ in your language” : Same as Writer’s Chosen, but you will write on a specific topic on a specific card selected for the group. Send 4 cards in 2 weeks.Former Other Languages RR
“Special group: Send me a card in my language” : You will write cards in languages requested by your group members. Send 4 cards in 3 weeks.
“Special group: Pig in a Poke” : (5~10 members) You will be assigned to write a card to 1 person in a group, probably in a language you don’t know. Send 1 card in 3 weeks.
Suggestions for new groups are welcome! Please post in this thread.
GROUP 290 Writer’s Chosen Language
You will write 4 postcards in the non-English language you have chosen.
When joining, please state which language you will write in and which language(s) you’d need English translation for.
1.sandramr (Serbia) - will write in Serbian. English translation except for German, Greek, Romanian, and all Slavic languages
2.cremebrulee (Netherlands) - will write in French. English translation except for Dutch, French, and Spanish.
3.thepaperglobetrotter (Canada) - will write in Spanish. English translation except for Serbian, German, French and all romance languages
GROUP 294 Send me a card in my language (challenge, 3 weeks)
You must write cards in languages requested by your group members. You do not have to know the languages. Just do your best and make the recipients smile Please state in which language you want others to write you.
This is a challenge group, therefore members will have an extra week: send 4 cards in 3 weeks.
1.McArno (China) - write me in Chinese
GROUP 295 What our next group should be?
On the post above, click “Regular & Special Groups” to see the menu. Let me know which group you’d like.
This is a “permanent” post for an updated list.
To avoid confusions, please do not directly reply to this post.
Instead, please click the blue reply square at the bottom of this page. Thanks!