World Insects (and other Arthropods) Postcard List

I’ve sent these:

And I think that’s it…

3 Likes

Absolutely exquisite. I would be over the moon to receive such a card. Thank you for sharing, Corinna! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

after lurking my collections also found these

grafik
grafik

there is some tiny fly on the card xD

and one of my most favourite spider cards I ever received

many many Weberknechte/harvestmen - daddy longlegs (Opiliones)

7 Likes

I have to scroll really fast past some big spiders here! :face_with_peeking_eye:

Some sent cards:

And a funny one:

3 Likes
3 Likes

These are the cards I have received:

Also I have sent these in Handmade RR:

5 Likes

A friend gifted me her postcards when she moved to another US state. Among her collection are a few of these Hawaiian Happyface Spider postcards. I haven’t come across too many spider lovers until I discovered this list. I don’t care for spiders much but I know these postcards are rare. And “No,” I haven’t seen a live one.

8 Likes

I’ve missed/forgotten about a received insect postcard. I got one after all:

I don’t know which butterflies they are, but I still really like this card, the butterflies and the flowers.

2 Likes

I purchased this on vacation from a craft fair, vendor, artfulworld.com.

4 Likes

I forgot this little one

4 Likes
4 Likes

I love this thread! I’ll add some of my recent favorites that I received. I feel like often the leftover arthropod cards end up with me and people are happy to finally find someone to send them to. :smiley:

and some I sent:

I personally am a big fan of insect art. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Very good idea, I will add them at my profile as a wish…

1 Like

That’s a great idea, @pucky ! More people adding insects and arthropods to wish list is a good thing, if these cards would make them happy. :heart:

Also, when people share cards in this thread, we can see them and add them to our our Favorites. Maybe then someone who looks at our Favorites will see them one day. It’s only a wish… who knows! :four_leaf_clover:

I have updated my profile! I didn’t even think to include insects. I wonder what else I have missed?

1 Like

I don’t have postcards to share at the moment but would love to share which is likely the only non-value indicated stamp issued in Malaysia so far: Dragonflies. Each stamp is meant for domestic letters less than 20g (worth 80 sen maximum), or 30 sen of postage if sent for other purposes such as postcards

Also, there are only two “sticker/ self-adhesive” stamp issues in Malaysia so far, both have some insects in them:

1. 7 flora and fauna wonders in Malaysia

2. Malaysian forest wonders

(Photos taken from the internet)

5 Likes

This is very exciting, @aH ! Thank you so much for sharing! :heart: I would absolutely love to see those Malaysian Forest Wonders sheets someday! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@suncityrose I really enjoyed reading your profile :heart:

Here are a couple more I sent. Sorry I didn’t make a note of what species they are:

Not exclusively insects, but there is a butterfly there (3 from the RHS Marianne North postcard box):

And probably my favourite insect picture - it’s so pretty:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing, @Florallle ! The cards in this series Postcard GB-1361842 are some of my favorites. I like them so much, I ordered a set from a dealer in the UK last year. :laughing:

1 Like