Where do we find our postcards?

Who is “the lovely Constanze”? - G.

Many thanks for the tips. Sorry about the lateness (see below!), but I find this all helpful - Postcrossing seems such a big network. And I must follow-up your suggestions. I’ve even suggested to my daughter that she buys me some PCs for Christmas! Best wishes, and for Christmas, Gina.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions, and sorry for my tardiness (see above! - just getting the hang of this blog…). I hadn’t thought of sharing-round boxes, and as a friend has signed up to Postcrossing after I recommended it, I can actually do it! Stay safe and have a Happy Christmas, Gina

I have been buying a lot online from the Chinese online store called Taobao (think Amazon in China). The postcards are soooo cheap and really nice too. The shipping is reasonable too, and more worth it if you buy in bulk.

I also buy from local shops, but there are limited quantities, and of course they are not as cheap too. Given the volume I send per week, I would opt for the more economical option.

But I also have more expensive postcards which I would reserve for a Postcrosser who happens to like that theme of postcards. :smile:

The lovely Constanze is the lovely Postcrosser who has organised the London meetups…

I got that pack too! I liked it so much when it arrived that I had it framed to go on the wall above my desk :slight_smile:

1 Like

These postcards depicting the National Parks stamp issue from Royal Mail are very nice:

I’ll definitely be buying a pack of them for Postcrossing, from my local Post Office. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I saw these and was thinking of getting them but I didn’t want to pay shipping to buy them from the Royal Mail website. I didn’t realise Post Offices would sell them. Do you know if they are sold at all Post Offices or only certain ones (e.g. Crown)?

I don’t think they’re sold at all Post Offices, no, but larger ones usually have them for sale. (My local Post Office is quite small, but in a touristy area so perhaps they sell them for that reason?) They’re not usually on display though - you have to ask for them.

Thank you for that hint - I’ll look out for them when I next dare venture into a post office! BTW, I find it outrageous that Royal Mail charge for postage!! (Unless you want to spend £50…)

1 Like

I just had a box of my photographs on postcards delivered this morning, from moo.com. The quality is pretty damned good. £31 including postage for 50 cards.

1 Like

Just bought the postcards and National Parks stamps online as I could not resist them. Too pretty to miss out on. I think I will frame all the stamps but keep my favourite postcards and send the rest…lovely find :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I couldn’t resist them! Some of the nicest stamps Royal Mail has issued for a long time. I have high hopes for the “Wild Coasts” later in the year too. :ocean:

4 Likes

This is really cool - thank you for sharing!

Looks like it’s just in Sheffield at the moment - I’d be happy to get it but if it was art of Sheffield maybe not? But if it’s more generic designs for sure. Have you had a delivery yet?

I bought myself some of the National Stamps postcards and stamps - I pre-ordered online and delivery was only £1.45. I’ve played around a bit with different items and it weirdly seems to completely differ with items & amount, but maybe was cheaper because pre-order?!

I second this - I just bought that pack from her (on notonthehighstreet, but yes recently discovered she is on etsy too!) and they’re beautiful.

I’ve found some real treasure on the Oxfam website this week, thought you might enjoy these! I know postcard books aren’t for everyone, or views from other countries…but if you like secondhand, weird, anything goes-type stuff, I fully recommend taking a look! I often find strange and wonderful things there!

4 Likes

Tackiest postcards - love it!

1 Like

In this collection, a postcard you can play on a record player! :joy::green_heart:

6 Likes

@katiemmj that is bonkers (in a good way)! :musical_note:

I’ve just bought some postcards from the book catalogue called ‘Postscript’. It’s a set of 20 postcards called ‘icons of style’. I’ve seen other postcards for sale in there too now and then.

1 Like