What's inside your pencil case?

Do share a photo with us, if you can — I’d love to see them!

1 Like

12 Likes

so pleasingly organized! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t really use pencil cases that much, but here are some of my pens that are in visible places in my crafting room. I have more in the desk drawers too.

10 Likes

New (unplanned) addition to the pencil case today… a new (for me) line of Zebra Sarasa pens called “DecoShineColor”!

I got the darker blue one but I might be needing more now…

8 Likes

Hey! :heart_eyes:
Sarasa is one of my favorite. Your favorite pen to write postcards?

I did not know about this new ones. I’ll check how I can get them. (As if I did not have enough pens. :grimacing: :sweat_smile: )

3 Likes

(from left to right, top to down)
I’ve been using this pencil case for over 10 years since middle school
1.1&1.2 magnetic bookmark
2.1 paper clip
2.2 rubber
2.3 correction tape
2.4 magnetic mobile phone holder
3.1 flash drive
3.2 ballpoint-pen refill
4 ballpoint pen
5-10 marker
11&12 gel pen
13 ballpoint pen

5 Likes

I love this thread and looking at what’s inside your cases! thank you for sharing the watercolor brush tip… will definitely be on the lookout for one now :heart_eyes:

here’s what’s inside mine! I love this case because it stands hassle-free!

1. ruler
  2. extra lead for pencil
  3. flash drive
  4. glue tape
  5. scissors
  6. glue stick
  7. x-acto knife
  8. letter opener
  9. wooden stick for rub-on stickers
  10. white ink pen
  11. mechanical pencil
  12. everyday use fountain pens
4 Likes

Here is my “leaving the house” pen case:

1. Calculator
  2. Eraser
  3. Pencils
  4. Highlighters
  5. Baseball Scissors
  6. A Rainbow of Ballpoints
  7. School Glue
  8. Souvenir “Paintbrush” Ballpoint from the Dalí
  9. Scented Multipen
  10. Correction Tape
  11. Piranha Pencil Sharpener

Watermelon case has only InkJoy Ballpoints.
Surfboard case has Pilot G-2 Gel Pens, but I use those for letters & cards as they smear.
I enjoy this hobby so much!

9 Likes

Whoa… what a colourful assortment!

Is the piranha a sharpener? How funny and appropriate for a fish with sharp teeth! :joy:

2 Likes

The piranha is a pencil sharpener and the wood shavings are in the belly! It has googly eyes, too. It only cost $1 US!
Here’s a closer view:

13 Likes

Gee wiz that sure is sharp!

My niece bought this R2D2 pencil case when she was 10 she knew her Uncle was a graphic artist and wanted me to have the coolest pencil case ever! I still carry this with me in my backpack.

14 Likes

I have always been a stationery addict, even before joining Postcrossing. :cold_sweat: At least, I’m in good company here!

Here’s what I currently have in my on-the-go pencil case:

At the moment, I’m using a lot of Sharpie and Pilot pens. I like to have a few different sizes and colors to choose from depending on what I’m writing. Washi tape samples are easy to carry—I swap them out frequently. I also carry postage stamps, but I keep those in my wallet.

8 Likes

Oh! I didn’t know Sharpie had this kind of “click-pens” like the Pilot G-2… Intriguing! :thinking:

1 Like

Yes! They smudge on glossy paper, but they are perfect for postcards with the rough, papery backing that tends to feather with other pens.

1 Like

I found this pencil/pen case this weekend at a flea market, and I’m excited to fill it with pens so they stop getting lost and marking up the inside of my bag.

It is metal and has a removable tray inside:

I will report back when I’ve filled it up! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Putting washi tape on those embroidery floss spools is such a great idea!

3 Likes

That’s a great find! I love those two-story pencil tins with the removable tray.

1 Like

Oh, what a throwback! There used to be so many of these with tin cases with the inner tray when I was a kid, but it’s been years since I’ve seen one! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes