What kind of stamps do you collect?

Oh I think it would be hard for me to take anything off from a postcard. I’d feel bad.
I think I’d take it from envelopes if I started collecting stamps

1 Like

I started collecting stamps because my Grandpa collected them and I was the only grandchild who was interested. I need to find the time somewhere to organise them a bit more. At the moment they are all in envelopes organised by theme.

I am collecting pillar box themed stamps and related items. One of my favourites in my small collection is this mini sheet from Jersey.

And just yesterday I received this wonderful maxi card from Portugal through Postcrossing

I started Postcrossing partly because I wanted to use more beautiful stamps rather than keep them in a box :blush:

9 Likes

Wow! These are really lovely :heart_eyes:
Did your grandfather have a cool collection?
How interesting, I also like the pillar box idea, although American mail things are… Not aesthetic? Haha

2 Likes

His collection was mostly British stamps. Pillar boxes are very British too but I think the design has been exported all over the world so there are lots of variations!

1 Like

Hello! I recently ordered several packs of vintage stamps and this nice one was included. If you like I can send to you unused in an envelope or I can use them as postmark on a postcard to you. Let me know!

5 Likes

I’m only collecting stamps with cats on it.

5 Likes

Can you share some images? I would love to see a cat stamp collection :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I will try to take pictures. But may be only tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thank you for your offer @ajmurdoch3
I’d love to receive it unused inside an envelope. What would you like in return?
Perhaps a postcard? Or some stamps from around the world? :smile:

Great! Go ahead and message me your address and I will put it in the mail tomorrow. I would love a postcard if you don’t mind.

No problem at all!

@zoeep very cool, thanks for sharing~

@ajmurdoch3 nice stamp! Do you collect as well?
I’d love to hear about your collection if you do, haha

@anon89508662 I am also excited to see the cats :cat:

1 Like

I believe I am kind of a collector now! I am new to postcrossing and I ordered about 200 vintage stamps from a couple of etsy stores. I just wanted to make my postcards standout. I have terrible penmanship so I thought adding a couple of old stamps would do the trick!

@Sleep Here’s my collection since you asked :smile:

Let me know if this post is too big. I’ll reduce the no. of images :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

@ajmurdoch3 I am feing similar, I want to buy stamps but I don’t know much so I’m a bit reluctant to buy for now.
Which ones caught your eye? Or no theme yet?

@vishnurm19 :flushed: So. Many. Stamps. I loved looking at these, they’re truly art. Surprisingly I liked the food ones the most!
Also, I was interested to see one of my childhood candy mascot is on a stamp, this is so cool tysm for sharing with me!
9b801ec0fc6fb55573f5c830b1792790bab0ff4d_2_510x675

1 Like

Haha, I’m glad you liked em. I like the food ones too!
Oh wow, that’s cool indeed! :smile:

1 Like

I have been collecting stamps for about 14 years, and I have a variety of stamps from all around the world - definitives, mints, stamp sheets etc. Here’s a pictorial preview of what I have (it’s just about 5% of what I have :grin:).

!

16 Likes

Thank you for sharing this nice part of your collection @whitefroststreetboi. I especially like the insects from Singapore and the flowers from South Africa.

Do you go for any specific themes or countries? And do you put all your stamps in albums?

Many of my stamps are stored in envelopes, and I only put selected themes and my favorite countries (in terms of stamps) in albums. We seem to share some favorite countries. Germany, Japan, South Africa, Italy and England are all among mine. I don’t have many from Singapore, and the ones I have all fit so well with themes I collect, that Singapore never got its own album page.

Glad you enjoyed them :smile:

I don’t collect a specific theme per se. I categorise my stamps by countries, and then within each country, I will place those within the same series together, so sometimes you see empty spaces - these are for the others in the series which I have yet to find.

I actually take them off the envelopes most of the time, but recently I’m exploring trading stamps with philatelists around the world since I have a lot of duplicates.

I keep most of them in these black sleeves that you see in the pictures. I used to keep my stamps in albums, but as the collection expanded, it was a hassle to shift stamps around because I organise them by countries and I ran out of space. These black sleeves are easier to maintain when my collection expands as I just need to add a sleeve in between. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Duuude it is so impressive to see collections like this thank you for showing me some!
Singapore is a new country so its really cool seeing so many stamps already from there. :heart_eyes:
LOL there are so many queen stamps are those from the UK?
Do you have a favorite part of your collection?

1 Like