What is your favorite postcard box?

Oh, I didn’t know there’s an expansion set for Parks as well…I’ll definitely consider it once my boardgame budget has recovered from Wingspan and its expansions…and Scythe… :sweat_smile:

e: Just to prevent my post from being fully OT: I don’t have that many postcard boxes yet, but I really like the William Morris box. Didn’t know him before getting into PC and now I’m a fan.

1 Like

I see we share interest in the same board games :smiley: Wingspan is another game we play a lot, with all expansions. Scythe is on my list. But my board game budget for this month is …non-existent… because of my shopping spree for postcard boxes and stamps.

1 Like

I recently bought the “Women in Science Set” and am very pleased with them. Now if I could find a “Canadian Women in Science Set” I’d be perfectly happy

15 Likes

But I was thinking when I saw it, what a great base set of cards you can customize with a saying on the front, or hand lettering, etc. All the rich colors give a nice background for something unique and creative.

Yeah, if someone did what you say, great. But I have only gotten them unaltered and I have to agree with @Yudi. I know, I say I like colors so if I get one I will favorite it because I think the person had all good intentions, but I think sent as is they are beyond boring…

1 Like

These are gorgeous, and I think the Pattern Tag here on the forum might be right up your alley!

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, that does look like a cool Tag indeed! Unfortunately I have posted all the V&A cards so need to wait a bit to get some more suitable postcards to take part!

1 Like

I have my eye on this one, this month i already went way over the budget because i found some incredible sales at Fnac and Amazon, but i will definitely buy this one in the coming months

4 Likes

I’m very fond of the Robert Mapplethorpe Assorted Postcard Box of 30 since he is one of my favorite photographers.

I love these Fern Postcards and Woodcut Postcards from Princeton Architectural Press. The cards are beautifully printed and nice to hold, but for some reason I don’t send them very often.

I have to agree with @fire_maggie, the Bibliophile: 50 postcard set is truly delightful. I’ve bought it twice.

The Salt Fat Acid Heat Set of 50 that others have mentioned is lovely

Postcards that I'm considering buying:

30 Postcards and Art Prints from the Hamilton Wood Type Collection. I think these are delightful, but I don’t know if anyone besides me would like them.

Out of the Woods Postcard Set of 15, made by an artist local to me in Portland, Oregon

Oregon Map Set of 20 because I think folks on Postcrossing would be happy to receive them.

And now thanks to you all I now want the Women in Science Set of 100 @moneill @piavano , the upcoming US National Parks Postcards @syaffolee, the James Jean’s 100 Postcard Box @syaffolee, The Urban Sketching Postcard Set of 100 @Lleytoncassidy, the Naughty Little People set of 21 @anbai9, and the William Morris Textile Postcard Set of 100 @AnjuschkaC. Such a dangerous thread!

21 Likes

My ‘Bibliophile’ box as mentioned by @fire_maggie arrived and I love it! 50 cards, mostly of piles of books, some of cover layouts, but also a few with ‘iconic libraries’, ‘writers rooms’ and a few other fun headings. I’ve already started sending these out. However the card seems a little thin, for those who care about this.

12 Likes

:joy: :sob: :money_with_wings:

12 Likes

Me me me! That is so cool. Typography AND wood :heart_eyes: I’m becoming a postcard hoarder, someone lock away my credit card please :joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Honestly, my favorite postcard box changes every time I buy a new one :rofl:

Now it’s LEGO Still Life with Bricks, a 100 cards set full of creativity and joy.

11 Likes

I received 3 cards so far from this Bilbliophile box. I love them.
This is my new collection.

2 Likes

I love this set by Eric Carle, the artist who created The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Problem is I love them enough that I can’t bring myself to part with any of them! He has such a distinct style, very childlike in some ways. We have some hanging in my boy’s nursery and he adores them, he loves to be lifted up and point to different animals :relaxed:

22 Likes

I can see your POV, but some people might just want a postcard set for their personal collection, and not because they want to mail it to someone. While I was looking at postcard sets I was thinking the same thing…so unless the recipient specifies otherwise I’ll try to limit my postcard sending to postcards made my local artists or from gifts shops here, since I feel a part of the charm to send postcards is something you can find in your area.

Also, unless you make your own cards, then no card is actually “unique”. Store bought cards are made in bulk and are just limited to the area. If you get a card from multiple people from the same country you’re at one point going to get the same card.

2 Likes

I won lottery and got 5 cards from This Is My Bookstore: 100 Postcards of Beautiful Shops around the World

I love them so much

5 Likes

I agree with @AnjuschkaC , that woodblock one is a fabulous box set. Very tempting! :star_struck: (Bonus points that’s it’s from somewhere in Wisconsin, I can’t believe I’ve never been before!)

1 Like

It was/is just as good as I had hoped. Quality packaging, a poster, a set of photo cards and 6 art cards printed with the actual wood blocks. Right now it just sits in my card box, it’s going to be a while before I actually post one…

9 Likes

Some boxes are better than others. The Sibley birds all look the same and paper is thin. I like the Long May You Wave (nice mix of objects with US flags on them) but I really like this Natural History Museum set of just 60 cards…old illustrations of animals, fish, insects, birds etc. Good quality paper too

8 Likes