What inspired your Postcrossing username?

Mine is inspired by the name of one of my favourite place in the world, Mwnt in Ceredigion, Wales. I have been going there almost every single year since I was six. It is a beautiful place with a lovely beach, a tiny white church on the cliffs, a hill and coastal paths where you can see lizards and snakes. Dolphins and seals can often be seen in the water and choughs live there, too.

There is a traditional sweet called Mint Imperials and so I just changed a letter. I use a lower case first letter as I like the look of mw better than Mw in a username. I was already using it on Instagram so carried it over to Postcrossing.

Cymru am byth!

8 Likes

As I say in my profile - I am a lifelong ABBA fan and the song Arrival holds a special meaning to me. It is one of ABBA’s lesser-known, but rather untypical songs, it is one of only two instrumentals they ever recorded and I absolutely love it. 71 is my birth year :smiley:

6 Likes

I am a Jen who loves hallucinogens

5 Likes

My name is from the county of Yorkshire which I am proud to be plus Lad which is masculine.

Hence I am YorkshireLad … simples.

3 Likes

THANKYOU FOR ASKING!

It is Catlin (Catalina/Romanian), to be the shortend form of my real name, not very sofisticated, so to be able to be seen as a normal person, not an avatar of me. Doing that, I would just give up too much personality, I suppose. And I learned to like myself throughout the years, not only with nice and adorable life challenges, so I would never ever miss your oppinion to my hole self! Nice to receive your point of view, it would ever wide´n mine! Thankyou here, Catlin

4 Likes

There was no inspiration, just used postcrossing + hun for Hungarian :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have always loved Echinoderms, and my soccer jersey number was always 9

7 Likes

Mine comes from a poem from H. P. Lovecraft. It’s my geocaching name as well.

“Here glimmer strange suns and strange planets,
And strange is the crescent Banapis
That sets ’yond the ivy-grown ramparts
Where thickens the dust of the evening.”

7 Likes

I love this question. My username comes from when I was about 16 or 17 years old. My mom and I were trying to come up with my own email and at the time we put my two favorite topics together. My Mom passed away in 2019 unexpectedly and I find little ways to remember her. :heart:

4 Likes

My username comes from probably over 20 years ago when I played Neopets as a kid, probably around when it was still new. It was a randomly generated name for one of my “pets”, and for some reason I’ve always liked it and kept it all these years. I added on 2021 at the end, for the year that my son was born.

2 Likes

I often use a user name to do with mustard on various sites. This is because I went to University in Norwich, famous for Colman’s Mustard (which sadly left Norwich while I was there). The name was a nickname among my friends from school when we’d meet up in my home town in the holidays. I liked it and it’s stuck.

5 Likes

A certain beautiful kitty who lives in my house

4 Likes

I love the colour orange so I added my initial to the beginning and we have sorange haha

4 Likes

My profile name is based off a Japanese DJ music simulation game beatmania IIDX (a Konami game). One of the music genres in its 15th version had the “Only One Eurobeat” and I thought that it would make a good profile name and it stuck to me to the present.

3 Likes

It’s the start of my name and last initials. But also for the French among you… sans=without and BS… well, we know what that stands for :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Well, My real name is “Beltrán Alvar Rodríguez Gutiérrez”. My username is the union and shortening of my middle name and my middle last name.

4 Likes

So that Elvis fans and puzzle solvers will know my name without knowing my name…

3 Likes

My nickname isn´t very creative. Utz and Max are two of three of my first names (fornames). I put them together. That´s all.

3 Likes

When I joined Postcrossing, I was an EFL student teacher, so I used teacher as the first compound of my nickname. The -ette is the French diminutive for female nouns, referring to me not being that tall. Plus, I had English and French as advanced courses at school.

1 Like

Va-Pensiero - my favorite aria

2 Likes