What inspired your Postcrossing username?

My username is a combination of the first few letters of my names, or was until I got married.

11 Likes

My first hamster was called Rommirusina and I love rumraisin icecream.

K.

19 Likes

The Doxa watch, the first ever true dive watch. My wife gave me one for our 25th anniversary, we have now been married 41 years.

16 Likes

Named after the little Star Wars robot, R2-D2.

14 Likes

My username is two-fold. First, I’ve had it for many, many years. My name is Meredith so it’s the first four letters, ‘Mere,’ which is also a nickname many friends call me, and then 5-oh is slang for cop/police officer here. For quite awhile I was really into Law Enforcement, and even got my degree in Criminal Justice. The slang ‘five-oh’ or ‘5-oh’ or ‘5-0’ originated from a TV show in the 1960s called Hawaii 5-0. It was also referenced from the old Ford Mustang’s 5.0 high performance car which some departments used to catch speeders on highways back in the day.

15 Likes

It was a rainy day when I joined and I wanted a different, out-of-box username, so I combined the rainy weather and my major at university (Swedish language), so there you go. :postcrossing: :umbrella: :sweden: Inadvertently, this has led many postcrossers, who I have met, to ask me if my native language is Swedish (no, but such Finns exist too! :sweden: :finland: )

19 Likes

It’s so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That’s unusual :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Mine is from when I was about 13 years old. It was a Cantonese word that I misheard and wrote out phonetically. :sweat_smile: It kind of just stuck with me.

7 Likes

Just my real Name :laughing:

6 Likes

Mine is a combintaion from my own name and the name of my boyfriend.

5 Likes

Mine is from the line, “Et Tu, Brute?” from Julius Caesar. I created it elsewhere after a betrayal by someone close to me, but I liked it enough to continue using on different forums as it’s sort, sweet, and easy to remember.

8 Likes

Suzy Doozy is a childhood nick name given to me by my Uncle. He always called me it right up until he died 3 years ago so seeing it here is a lovely reminder of him.

23 Likes

PJ are my first and middle initials, the Subway (Metro, not sandwich shop) is where I worked for many years. I work at the Airport now, but PJairport doesn’t sound as good. :man_shrugging:t2:

16 Likes

Sannah is how my little cousin (nine years younger) called me when she was a preschooler. Since that was taken when I signed up, I added my birth year. Or birthday? Let’s keep that a mystery!

10 Likes

my name is jeffry , sometimes jef sounds jep.
One of my postcrossing friend call me ko (for older male in chinese) and he call me kojep.

After that our community friends call me with that nickname too. So i decided change my id with Kojep. Its familiar nickname for me. Before this, my nickname j3ffry

10 Likes

They’re awesome :heart_eyes:

When I was younger, I made an anagram with my first and last name. I kept the first name Eden that some of my friends use. I couldn’t see myself using another of my nicknames like “Zen”.
“Reliure” comes from my profession and my passion for bookbinding and books. “Reliure” is the French word for bookbinding in english.
So the combination of the two ensured that I had a username available on the site.

9 Likes

Pretty boring. My actual first name and country I am from. My other common nick, literally translated as “Little Mosquito” would be too childlish. And moreover… I tend to avoid that one.

7 Likes

My username is my first name.

6 Likes